Status changed WAC-02-180

georgi

Registered Users (C)
The status for my case, my wife’s case and my daughter case has changed to:

On July 17, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in OKLAHOMA CITY, OK for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office

I am really worried now. I have never been in Oklahoma city. I have been with the same employer and lived at the same address from the beginning? Is it possible they have decided to use other offices in order to reduce backlog? Or that is just some kind of stupid error?
Any suggestions?

I am going to call NSC tomorrow and I'll publish their respose here.
Anyway this means someone actually looked at the case. My ND is 05/08/2002.

Good luck.

By the way

The renewal fo my EAD card was approved today. May be that triggered the transfer.

ND for EAD - 04/15/2003 WAC-03-149

I am from CSC

I live in LA. All my visas have been processed in CSC.
I have been working here and never changed my address or employer since I started the H1-B process.

I just saw kashmir's report. There is a big amount of transfers done by CSC in the last 2-3 days for cases around mine. Unfortunately there is no info where the cases are transferred.
I am planing to scan some of these cases if I can get a list of valid WAC numbers and will publish the results here.

This is weird, so you are telling me that you donot even live around Ok city?

Well y'know what it could be that they are transferring files to local offices because they can't deal with such heavy loads (backlogs). But consider this, the local office has it's own jurisdiction and cases to handle from there, so I don't see how this helps at all.

About transfers, transfers usually always come in truckloads .. so one fine day you'll have 10 transfers together. (I say this from scanning experience). You might see a here and there transfer once in a while, but usually they come as a batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the same boat

true, my case has been transferred to the San Francisco office yesterday ut I reside in Philadelphia now. Should I follow up with San Franc office or CSC??
wac02153

The MOST fucked up local office is SFO one, last time I went there on 06/07 and they said they are reviewing march 2002 cases, so if we take their words than probably it will take another yr to get interview call and approval? (even god does not know ).

But if I do not reside in the SF area, cud they handle my case or wud it need to be transfered over to the local office here in Philly?

rso321
Did you move to philly recently?
Did you change your address when you moved to Philly? I moved to philly from houston about 6 months back. I changed my address with in a month. I checked in VSC forums it is takes about 270 days in philly(one of the slowest).

My info

WAC-02-141-XXXXX
Still pending in CSC

Thanks

SFO office can handle any case or in fact any center is capable of handling any case but it is not a tradition.

IIO just have to go to your physical file, he does not need to go to your local nearby post office or grocery store to get your information so how does it make a difference if you live in philly or hulululo.

It seems that CSC just want to delay the cases nothing else so that they don't have to work and problem is in local center specially SFO nobody is there to listen you.

God bless US and BICS bless us.

Last edited by a moderator:
georgi, please relax, this is definetely a mistake from the part of the CSC. Have your lawyer send a fax inquiry and email inquiry to CSC clearly explaining the situation. You can do it yourself. if nothing happens after two weeks, keep doing it every two weeks until you receive an explanation from them. everything will be ok as long as you still have your job. good luck

inuxguy123 please help

Linuxguy123, does that mean that you can still pend your case even you do not reside in CSC area. My case is pending at CSC, if I change a job to other state, could my case still pend at CSC, not be transfered? Please help the question. Thanks.

ever
WAC-02146xxx

Originally posted by linuxguy123
rso321
Did you move to philly recently?
Did you change your address when you moved to Philly? I moved to philly from houston about 6 months back. I changed my address with in a month. I checked in VSC forums it is takes about 270 days in philly(one of the slowest).

My info

WAC-02-141-XXXXX
Still pending in CSC

Thanks

Here is what I learnt from today’s call to NCSC

First lady I talked to did not even try to ask me about my case number. She just kept saying that such a transfer is normal practice and I should wait for the notice from the local office. Any attempt I made to make her actually look at the specific case failed.

So I hang up and called again.
This time I tried different strategy. Here is the result:
Me: Hello I would like to check the status of my case.
Her: What is your receipt number.
Me: WAC-180-XXXXX
Her: On July 17 this case has been transferred (she just read the memo from the web page)
Me: I live in California. Why the case has been transferred to Oklahoma?
Her: You live in California?
Me: Yes.
Her: You never lived in Oklahoma?
Me: Never been there.
Her: Sir, this is a mistake. You should write a letter to Oklahoma office and clearly explain that your address is in California and they will transfer the case back.
Then she gave me the address of Oklahoma City local office.
Me: Can you look in the case and tell me what the reason for transfer was?
Her: I can’t do that, Sir. I do not have that information on my web page.

Comment: I personally think that the second version of the story they gave me is more credible. I am almost convinced now that this action was a mistake, but I am also sure that my case will never again join the mainstream, and most probably this will add considerable delay on the processing of the case.
My lawyer was not in his office today and I prefer to speak personally with him, rather than speaking with some of his assistants. So I will hear his opinion on Monday and will post it here if it has some value to anyone but me.

P.S. I asked Kashmir yesterday to send me a list of valid WAC numbers around WAC-180-XXXXX. I was planning to do some scanning and see if there are other cases being transferred outside of California. I guess he did not receive the PM I sent. If any of you guys can send me such a list I would greatly appreciate it and will post the result of scanning here so everyone could benefit.

Thanks to all of you who expressed their opinion on this matter.
Good luck.

I think its a typo

I think some IIO got up from sleep and had to transfer some cases. He must have typed your zip wrong. What you can do is check your zip code and check the oklahoma city local office zip (probably they wont be same, but it may be under that jurisdiction). If your zip is 90615 he must have typed something like 60615 which could be under OK city local office.

But good luck pursuing your case.

JM

Thanks, junior_member

This is a good theory. You may be right. I played a little with that suggestion. Who knows – they may have internal codes for the local offices and they might type the wrong code. I guess there are 1 million different reasons.

Anyway, thanks for the wishes.

port of entry

there could be a reason y CSC is transferring cases,
i read somewhere that the GC r issued at the place where you first enter. (port of entry), if that is true i will have to go to san francisco that where i first landed.

just a thought

cennai

Not in my case

I have landed in Los Angeles. Actually the only time I spent outside of the state of California was during vacations in Las Vegas.:confused: