Status Change to I485

adept777

I was granted political asylum in 2001 February along with my younger brother. We both are blood brothers from Sri Lanka. In 2002 March, we both filed for our status change from asylee to a green card holder. In 2005 my brother received his green card. I am yet to receive mine.. and now all of a sudden I got an email( early May) from USCIS. Part of the email is copied below:

"Your case is on hold because you appear to be inadmissible under 212(a)(3)(B) of the INA, and USCIS currently has no authority not to apply the inadmissibility ground(s) to which you appear to be subject. Rather than denying your application based on inadmissibility, we are holding adjudication in abeyance while the Department of Homeland Security considers additional exercises of the Secretary of Homeland Security’s discretionary exemption authority. Such an exercise of the exemption authority might allow us to approve your case."

I am stunned, confused and lost. I am not sure what I should do now? What does this mean to me? I am aware of what section 212(a)(3)(B) means as I did search and read about it. I have been living here in the states since my arrival always paying my taxes and have not been arrested for any crimes. I have not violated any law here in USA and back home in Sri Lanka, have a very clean record. (Except for a few speeding tickets here in USA) furthermore I was never involved in any terrorist organization. I have never engaged myself in any terrorist activity and I have never represented or supported any terrorist group and or an individual. Please help. What should I do? Should I send a letter explaining my innocence?? I am very well connected in my community and have many professional and influential citizens of USA and Sri Lanka who are my friends, should ask them to vouch for my innocence. Should I get a security clearance letter from Sri Lanka to accompany my letter to reconsider? Or should I just wait and see as they have not rejected me?

I am yet to receive any formal letter from USCIS. I only have the e-mail as mentioned above. BTW, I have given three Biometrics test since I filed for a status change, the most recent was in Aug 08.

I thank you all very much in advance. Once again please help!