• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Status adjustment through DV Lottery while on US with TPS and pending asylum

UPOP

I just checked my DV entry and found out that I was selected for 2025 DV program. What do I do next? Do I just file I485? I just checked the visa bulletin and they will apply up to number 3000 in October while my case number is around 6000. Do I have a chance to get my status adjustment this fiscal year? I also need to mention that I am from Asia quota. Another thing is I entered United States with student Visa and later registered for TPS before my F1 status expired. And I am still maintaining TPS status. So I can say I was never out of status. And I am also in my husband pending asylum case whom I will add to my status adjustment. Would there be any issues with any of those?

1. Start by going through the AOS Process Spreadsheet - this will provide you with further clarity on what the process entails, and what your next steps should be. You’ll find the link to this spreadsheet in the signature section of my post.
2. Your current TPS status (and you having never fallen out of status per your above post) makes you eligible to apply for AOS. Approval of your husband’s AOS application as your derivative is however dicey if his current status is just asylum pending.

p.s. post subsequent AOS related questions on the 2025 AOS thread (link below) as we strive to keep all AOS related questions on the same thread in this forum.