Statement Of reasons for J1 waiver

nasho

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for the waiver n wanna get case no. from DOS. It seems I need to submit a statement of reasons stating why I m eligible for waiver. I was on F2 sattus before my present J1 status. N I m not sure After getting waiver I will be applying for H1 ( if luckily I get a sponser by that time) or otherwise I will apply for H4. So my Question is:

1. What reason I should include in the statement? eg if I want to say I will go back to dependant status (H4), what reason I can give in support? I dint get any funding frm any govt n am working on a res project gettin 12k.

2. secondly, by the time I get recommendation frm DOS n also I get sponser for H1, will my statement of reasons based on H4 interfere with the process?

Thanks in advance. any suggestions will be helpful.

Nasho:confused:

Hi,

Note: Until you get the 2year HRR waived H4 visa (or any H/L visas) is not possible.

And for the reason in the statement, it depends on the reason you were subject to 2year HRR. Where you subject to 2year HRR
1) because of Funding? or
2) because of Skills List? Or
3) because you are a medical grad?

Say you are subject to 2year HRR because of Skills List then you should explain why your J1 training is not in the Skills List of your home country.

Hope that helps.

here is mine (with modifications). It works for me at least with the DOS, my case is still pending with the USCIS.
"I am eligible to receive a waiver of the 2 yrs HRR because I came to US as a xxx with the Dept. of xyz, where I conducted research in the filed of xxx. This work is in need for continuous research to achieve its goals. Without a waiver the work will be interrupted without any benefit to me
or to the scientific research. I have # of publications in international journals. The data of the work I am doing was presented in international conferences. I contacted my country and discussed that with them and the government is willing to give me NOS based on the achievement and the expected knowledge which will be gained from my presence in US without interruption. I believe that my home country will be benefited from that research in many ways, the benefits of which will be affected if I returned back for two years".

Thanks a lot for the reply,

but in my case I m not gonna continue with the same research program, most probably I will be applying for dependant visa h4 after getting waiver or under rare ciecumstances, if I get some sponsership for h1 from a place (city) where my husband is working. so i cant give the reason like if I continue my home country will be benefitted as most probably I will not be working after getting waiver.

I was subjected to 2hrr due to skill list, n as far I know we cant write that is not included in my home country skill list as it (2hrr) is already decided on the basis of our specific home country. I have that list with me.

please advise

Thanks