Statement of reason

nidhi1

Registered Users (C)
Here is my statement of reason, I suggest to keep it simple and realistic. My case was straightforward: I did my phD from US univ, right after graduation joined another univ in US for post doc- went to Canada to get my J1 visa stamped- got 2years HRR stamped as well - after extending my J1 visa for another year began the process of waiver...My suggestion would be start as early as possible since the process is time-taking. I got great help from this forum, hope we keep the trend for others who need help.

My statement of reason is as follows..
-----------------------------------------------------------

Case File No: XXXXXX
Date

To:

CA/VO/L/W, Visa Services
U.S. Department of State
2401 E Street, N.W. (SA-1)
Washington, D.C. 20522-0106

Dear Sir,

This letter is in request for a waiver for the 2-year Home Residency Requirement based on “No Objection” statement from my home country.

I have been working as a Research Scholar at the University of XXX for the last eight months. I am involved in research projects related to predicting drug-related mutations to Human Immunovirus (HIV) Protease enzyme that is essential for the life-cycle of HIV. Since HIV readily develops resistance by mutation to escape the effects of existing antiretroviral drugs, it is extremely important to predict the most likely drug-resistant mutants to allow discovery and designing of newer drug molecules to prevent HIV infection. Within the first year of this project our intense research efforts have allowed us to identify several key residues the mutation of which may allow the virus to acquire resistance against these drugs. However, to achieve its goals this work needs continuous research before the obtained results could be successfully applied.

This project has the potential to change the way drugs are designed against HIV infection. I started these projects and have significantly contributed to them. These are long-term projects and without a waiver the work will be interrupted without any benefit to me or to the scientific community. I therefore, intend to finish these projects.

My Home country has provided me with NOS based on the achievement and the expected knowledge which will be gained from my presence in US without interruption. I strongly believe that my home country will be benefited from that research in many ways, the benefits of which will be affected if I returned for two years. In addition, these projects require facilities which are not available in my home country. By staying here, I will continue to contribute to the goals of my J1 program by exchanging with my country of origin through research, collaboration, and research related visits.

Furthermore, I was NOT sponsored or provided with any privileges, loans or scholarships by Government of Home country or any International organization or the US government. I have NOT given any undertaking to return to Home country.

The above conditions along with previously stated academic requirements make me eligible for a waiver of Home Residency Requirement. Therefore, I request you to kindly consider my situation to grant a waiver for HRR.

I gratefully appreciate your support and assistance for waiving of my two-year home country residence requirement.

Thank you for your time and your kind consideration.

Sincerely,

XXXX

thanks Nidhi for the useful tip...I was about to start writing the statement of purpose and your post really helped:)