statement of reason-any chance of editing/adding info?

yoisa

Hello everyone!

I filled out the online application for a Waiver based on NOS. The statement of reason I wrote explained I wanted to pursue a PhD in the US and I didn't receive any funding from my goverment or the American goverment. However, when I was assigned a case number I felt my statement of reason was kind of short and I could have included some details about why pursuing a PhD in the US is relevant for me and my country. Is it possible to edit /add info to your Stament of Reason once you have filled out the online aapplication? I'm affraid if I created a new statement of reason, the system will generate a document with a different barcode.

I think the reason these applications are online is because these are submitted online directly to the concerned authorities and at the same time u also get a copy of it with a bar code. I doubt u can make any changes with same bar code.

D

Hello everyone!

I filled out the online application for a Waiver based on NOS. The statement of reason I wrote explained I wanted to pursue a PhD in the US and I didn't receive any funding from my goverment or the American goverment. However, when I was assigned a case number I felt my statement of reason was kind of short and I could have included some details about why pursuing a PhD in the US is relevant for me and my country. Is it possible to edit /add info to your Stament of Reason once you have filled out the online aapplication? I'm affraid if I created a new statement of reason, the system will generate a document with a different barcode.

No you can not

I did change in my statement of reason and got the waiver. Completing on line application form does not mean that the application is submitted at DOS. You have to send it by mail. If you have not submitted your application, I think (as I did in mine case), you can do that. If you have submitted your application by mail then I do not know and I do not recommend you to do that.

There is a link at the following DOS website to create a new statement of reason.

https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/

Give your case number (which you got by completing the online application), personal detail and paste/edit your new statement reason. At the end of the process it will generate a pdf document containing statement of reason and bar code.