State level core action team for IL

A productive kickoff meeting

The IL Core Group held our first meeting this afternoon (Sunday, 1/18/04). Although we would have loved to see more people participate, Rsur & I exchanged some great ideas that we could implement in the near future.

We will be establishing a Yahoo! Group for further discussion and either Rsur or I will be posting more details at a later time.

Japanese

Rsur,

Thanks for taking initiative.

It's really a good idea to contact congressman/senator for the delay in processing I-485.

I have filed my I485 in May'03.
Do you think my case is old enough for this?
Anyway I am in District 6 .
Please let me know if I can help you guys by any means.

Bakra -

We are all in this struggle together, and the more people we have, the better the chances of our voices being heard. That being said, we hope to see you at the next meeting. Rsur and I will be working together on establishing Yahoo! groups for IL I-485 sufferers shortly. I look forward to meeting you.

Japanese

Next meeting on 1/24/04 at Devon Ave.

As japanese has mentioned we had our first meeting yesterday and created an initial plan of action. A yahoo group called - NSC_485_ActionTeam - has been created to help us coordinate our efforts and will be for members only. This will help to keep things private.

Please got to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NSC_485_ActionTeam and join. Your help is required.

Bakra,

The effort is to ensure that our cases do NOT get old and qualify for retirement. My RD is Jan 2003 and the only way I can keep it from getting a timely adjudication is to start petitioning NOW and not after two years.

japanese,

It was a pleasure to meet with you - your energy and enthusiasm are phenomenal - thank you for being there.

Rajah101, mittu, wait600days - we missed you but hope to see you at our next meeting. Please let us know your preference for a meeting spot/time.

tr22,

Thanks for your offer - we will definitely look to your team for inputs once we get going.

I know that Michigan already has a team - any other state who wish to join are most welcome.

"The haves and have nots can often be traced back to the dids and did nots."

Rsur,

hi , Actually i don't know if this is going to be of any help, but as far as Judy Bigert is concerned,(she is your congressperson right??), she is very very helpful with immigration issues.

She helped us get visitor visa for my mom after she was rejected twice at the Consulate personal interview and once when she applied by post. Judy sent a mail to the guys in india and immediately we got a response nd they called my mom for an interview and gave her visa for 6 months. This was just couple of months ago and just so u know we don't even belong to her district, it was thru some acquaintance that all this worked out. So I don't know, but I would say its worth it to give it a shot with Judy.

Regards

RD : Oct 01
ND : Nov 01
RFE replied : August 03
2nd FP : Sept 03
3rd EAD : Nov 03

v_indian -

Thank you for your post. We will most likely be contacting Rep. Bigert in our attempt to get our voices heard. Again, I appreciate your input and perhaps, will see you at our next meeting.

Rsur -

Thanks for setting up the Yahoo! group. It was a pleasure meeting you and I am very excited in taking this intial step of presenting the petition if IL/NSC I-485 sufferers to congressmen/senators.

Rajah101, mittu, wait600days - as Rsur mentioned, I am sorry that you weren't able to make it to our first meeting. Look forward to seeing you at Yahoo! group.

Japanese

Hi Guys,

I missed for the last meeting on sunday. I thought that the thread was discontinued. I checked everyday for couple of weeks, and stopped going to this thread after that.If you could come up with another meeting date, Please let me know. I would not be available for saturday's .

Thanks
Mittu.

Sorry I missed the 1st meeting

Please let me know details about the 2nd one.
I have signed up for the group (iowano9@yahoo), and I guess I need some1 to approve my membership?
Anyway thanks - Japanese and Rsur

miitu

Your membership should be working now. We have 8 members so far. Please come forward and become part of the team.

Thanks

Hi Rsur/Japanese,

I have joined the group with yahoo id Rpeesu.
I will join for this sunday ar Devon Ave. Please let me know the exact time.

Mittu.

We have 10 registered members in our group

The response is encouraging - it will be great if we can all meet this weekend. There are a couple of points I would like to clarify.

1. If you do not wish to highlight your names in a letter to either the politicians or BCIS you need not.

2. If your receipt date is in late 02 or in 03 you can still be part of the team.

3. Although the situation in NSC is not as dire as CSC we should do our best to ensure it does not slip and gets to the goal of adjudication in 6 months.

Please come forward and help highlight our issues.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NSC_485_ActionTeam

This is good

Welcome to all members...look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting.

Rsur - thank you for your effort in organizing this.

Japanese

Great response to second meeting.

Thanks to all those who attended. We have discussed the approach that we would like to take and also have an action plan.

We have already approached some trade/cultural organizations and are in the process of getting their support. We have also been promised help from individuals who have personal contact with congressman. We need more participation to distribute and execute tasks. There is strength in numbers and we need to be a sizable group to be taken seriously.

The Action team Group on Yahoo has 14 members. I request you to come forward and join the Group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NSC_485_ActionTeam

If you have a 485 application pending at NSC or plan to file it is in your interest to make sure that adjudication is done sooner rather than later.

Last edited by a moderator:
IL 9th dist

Hi,

I am from IL 9th district. Janice Schakowsky represent 9th district. I heard positive response for her on immigrant issues. You can add me in your group and update me for action that i can take to help this group.

RD is SEP-02.

Thanks,

Change Name of thread from IL to NSC

Moderator, please change name of this thread from IL to NSC as it might mislead many volunteers to join this group.

Thanks

Change Name of thread from IL to NSC

Moderator, please change name of this thread from IL to NSC as it might mislead many volunteers to join this group.

Thanks

Count me in too, please. I am from 9th congressional district and my representative Janice Schakowsky.
Thanks