State Department Puts an End to Visa Revalidation

Is it safe to revalidation in canada?

Hello

My situation is that my H4 visa stamping expired around 6 months back.

I have a valid extension (I-797) till oct 2005. Planning to send the docs by nextweek for revalidation in US

I read someone's post in this thread that H4 revalidation in US is not available these days ? Is it ?

If that's the case can i goto canda for revalidation ? Can anyone point me to website where i can get more info on this ?

Thanks in advance.
ha_hk

Want GC Soon said:
Thanks JK..

I guess you are pulling my leg, saying that my understanding is always right.. I always wanted to have a second opinion with you before I do something..

Want GC Soon :)
No not at all. You are indeed correct on most of the issue - I never do leg pulling.

ha_hk said:
Hello

My situation is that my H4 visa stamping expired around 6 months back.

I have a valid extension (I-797) till oct 2005. Planning to send the docs by nextweek for revalidation in US

I read someone's post in this thread that H4 revalidation in US is not available these days ? Is it ?

If that's the case can i goto canda for revalidation ? Can anyone point me to website where i can get more info on this ?

Thanks in advance.
ha_hk
Dude file 539 for your wife, if you have not done so. There is no restriction on H4 revalidation, till they end all of it.

Can you guys please let me know what is the alternative way from DOS after they stop doing re-validations?

Going to Canada or some other countries and get stamped?

Thanks,
Ciril99

Cyril,
Answering your questions:

Can you guys please let me know what is the alternative way from DOS after they stop doing re-validations?

ANS: Visa revalidations are done if you submit your application before July 6th, 2004(last date for this year before it goes Biometric).. So file before it.. Or you can go to Canada(I have done a couple of times), but remember there is always a possibility that your visa might get denied as they dont guarantee visa for third country nationals in Canada.

If for any reason, they deny the visa in Canada, you need to go back to your home country from Canada itself and get it stamped there and then re-enter USA..

You can go to www.nvars.com and fix/schedule an appointment either in Canada(Vancouver, Toronto, Quebec, Montreal - which ever is close to you), or you can also go to Mexico through San Deigo or Texas and get it done.

There is a one time fee for registration for scheduling an appointment either in Canada or Mexico. You cannot go to any other country to get your US Visa other than the 2 mentioned above.

To enter into Canada you need to get your Canadian Visa stamped either in Buffalo, NY, Seattle or the closest consulate nearest to you..

Hope this helps..

Want GC Soon :)

Going to Canada or some other countries and get stamped?

Thanks,
Ciril99

I just got my H1B extension documents. Can anyone please let me know
what documents that i need to submit for visa revalidations to send to St.Louise?

Thanks,
Ciril99

H1 B Revalidation

Question about Revalidation.

If I apply for a extension after July 6th will I get Approval with I-94 or not.
Can I continue staying in U.S with the approvals?

love2002 said:
Does this new rule applys in getting a visa stamped in the passport or just for extension of H1 approvals also?

i.,e if my h1 expires next month(say 3 years of time), can I extend it within US or have to go out of the country to do that?

My understanding is this rule applies for only getting visa stamping on the passport and not the extension of visas. correct?

thanks
love2002: What's the advantage of getting visa stamped? Just want to make sure that if we don't do the stamp, we still can renew our visa and stay in US after July 6, right? IC

leo2606 said:
Question about Revalidation.

If I apply for a extension after July 6th will I get Approval with I-94 or not.
Can I continue staying in U.S with the approvals?
Yes you will get I-94. You can continue to stay with that I-94 till it is valid.

Jharkhandi said:
Yes you will get I-94. You can continue to stay with that I-94 till it is valid.
jharkhandi: Thanks. I feel much better now. By the way, is the H1B renew still under H1B quota limitation? IC

I got approval and lawyer will be sending my extension of my H1 tommorrow.
Can i send it for revalidation on Monday/Next week
thanks

nag234 said:
I got approval and lawyer will be sending my extension of my H1 tommorrow.
Can i send it for revalidation on Monday/Next week
thanks
How much time is left on your current visa stamp? I think if it is less than 60 days - you can send it.

hey Jharkandi,
it is expired 1 month back.
can i send it
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Revaildation with expired visa stamp long back

If VISA Stamp on Passport expired long back say 2 years back..
You travel out side US and apply for revalidation
1>with the approved recent H1 extension
2>If it is 7th year H1 extension and you apply for revalidation at out side US..

..Is there any problem?