Starting a new thread for 140 CP (Non-concurent) filers

raebava

Registered Users (C)
And any recent approvals on the same ?

EB3 - CP - ND:08/06/04

Last edited by a moderator:
EB3-CP
RD: 7/14/2004

My case has been lingering for a long time. Don't know what the hell's going on? No LUD updates either.

When I filed for I140 (CP), I was hearing that it will take only 1-2 months for cases going for CP. Seems like it is not true..

I140 - NSC - RD 08/24/04

ak - are you on EB2 - all my friends who got approved in 1-2 months were on EB2 - does that make a difference?

Tarantula got the approval within 4 months. It doesn't take 2 months but still it would be much faster than concurrent I guess. Rest all depends on LUCK.

Processing time for I-485 non-concurrent approval with an approved I-140

Smmakani or anybody who knows,

I would like to know hong long it takes to get 485 non-concurrent approval with an approved I-140? My friend just got I-140 approved a few days ago. His category is NIW. Right now he is preparing for I-485 within Nebraska center. We are wondering which processing time table we should follow?
Is 485 non-concurrent CP you were talking about the same thing as my friend's case?

Thanks for your input!

there is no process called I-485 non-concurrent approval or 485 non concurrent CP...you have your facts wrong..its either 485 or CP - 2 different routes to green card..and what path u go depends on what u chose when u filed for your I-140 - if he chose 485,he will go thro 485..but he can always change to CP if he wants - check the CP forums on this matter..CP takes 6 months to get your green card.

smmakani said:
Tarantula got the approval within 4 months. It doesn't take 2 months but still it would be much faster than concurrent I guess. Rest all depends on LUCK.

Did Tarantula got approved? I saw his posting on this thread on 23rd Sep. After that there is nothing from him.

I got I140 approval today. But now PD regression has come to haunt us. I was planning to go for CP. But with this latest change I am switching to 485.

I140 RD Aug/04, AD Dec/04

AK_new_member,

But you need to file 485 before Jan 1 2005. Am I right? If you have already mentioned CP in your I-140 can you go for 485? Because we have mentioned to go for a CP in I-140 application it directly goes to NSC after approval and then they send packet 3. Can you please tell me how are you going about filing 485?

smmakani said:
AK_new_member,

But you need to file 485 before Jan 1 2005. Am I right? If you have already mentioned CP in your I-140 can you go for 485? Because we have mentioned to go for a CP in I-140 application it directly goes to NSC after approval and then they send packet 3. Can you please tell me how are you going about filing 485?

smmakani,

As soon as you apply for 485, your CP case is withdrawn and NVC will not process it further.

You are right I need to file before Jan 1 2005.

Any CP out there?

Are there other people out there who have been waiting for I140 CP for a while, or is it just me?

Thanks

140 ND 09/27/04

Thanks coolpdx,

Let us know when yours gets approved.

It seems I'm the only one who's been stuck for 6 month on a CP 140.
Is there anyone from the same time period in the same situation? I'm trying to see if I should use FOIA to peek at what's in that file.