stamping

Gilbert

Hi All,

I completed my lpr stamping today. Actually, I did not have either a passport or a valid RTD, so the INS officer issued a new I-94 card with a red-ink lpr stamp and my picture on it. I was told that the plastic card would be mailed to me within six months.

I am glad I can almost put this long journey behind me.

Wow Gilbert!!!!
That is really great what you are telling us. I feel so happy for you and I have so much hope that I will have the same break soon. Good luck my brother.

Gilbert,

Glad to see that things are finally moving in the right direction for you. Hopefully this trend will continue for more users in this forum.

Did you bring a photo with you? Did you just bring it in case of emergency(good for you then) or did you know that you might need it?

old passports

Gilbert,

Did they ask you about your old passports? To compare them with copies that they should have since you filed I485 and check that you didn't go to your home country?

I'm happy for you, congratulations.

Re: old passports

Originally posted by cookiemonster
Gilbert,

Did they ask you about your old passports? To compare them with copies that they should have since you filed I485 and check that you didn't go to your home country?

I'm happy for you, congratulations.

They did and in fact the officer xeroxed the whole passport and my expired RTD.

So people should not even think about returning to their home countries, in my opinion.