Stamping without infopass possible if we are in Hurry!!?

Diamonds

Registered Users (C)
Can we go for stamping without infopass, because i have to travel abroad and infopass apointment date is too far. I read on this site sometime last month, one of the member went without infopass appointment and sucessfully done the stamping, so guys please let me know if some one have smilar exprience??

Diamonds,

Congrats.
Yes, you can go without an InfoPass appointment. I got my stamping done two days ago (I had an appt). I assume you would be going to the JFK building, Boston. When I was over there, I heard an employee telling an applicant that walk-ins are permitted but the person should be at the JFK building as early as at 5 AM. They permit around 450 walk-ins a day. Then you will have wait for 3-4 hours because they consider the appointment cases first and then come to the walk-ins. So, you will have to be prepared to wait. The earlier you get there, you stand a better chance of getting your work done sooner. Also, to keep in mind, that in the room E160 (where the stamping is done) area there are two lines leading to the room (big waiting area with counters).
One on the left is the longer one (without appointments) and on the right is for appointment cases.

Take the necessary documents. The actual stamping takes around just 5 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Diamonds, just for my clarification. Am I right in saying that you will be going to the Boston JFK Building for stamping without the courtesy or the original approval notice but just the online approval notice and without the infopass appt? Please do let me know

Diamonds said:
I am in NY not in boston, Newyork is very strict now, they dont allow without infopass anymore.
Hi diamond, did you actually go to the office and got turned away? My case got approved on 14th and I have flight ticket leaving US on 20th. I could delay the trip for one week, but if the infopass is taking forever to get, I'd better to leave at my original schedule and do the stamping once I come back.

or11052002 said:
Hi diamond, did you actually go to the office and got turned away? My case got approved on 14th and I have flight ticket leaving US on 20th. I could delay the trip for one week, but if the infopass is taking forever to get, I'd better to leave at my original schedule and do the stamping once I come back.

dude, jus a small piece of friendly advice.

DO NOT TAKE THIS RISK.....

If you have emergency you are fine just show the proof of emergency and you will be stamped without infopass. yeah i turned back.

No luck in Newark, NJ. I tried this morning. No line, no chance. They said the only emergency that will be accepted is family member's death. I guess you have to kill someone in order to get in that building without appointment.