Stamping without infopass in Dallas?

explorer

Registered Users (C)
is it worthwhile going there without an appointment? I got my approval notice on July 31st and the first available appt is 2 weeks later. I'm traveling to my home country in 7 days (on AP) and would prefer to do it with the stamp. Any chance they'd let me do it if I show my travel itinerary/tickets?

Thanks in advance.

I think your AP becomes invalid once you are approved. You might want to check on that before traveling.

IMO, YMMV

bags3 said:
I think your AP becomes invalid once you are approved. You might want to check on that before traveling.

IMO, YMMV

Thanks for the info! I'll check with my attorney.

explorer said:
Thanks for the info! I'll check with my attorney.

You're right. The 485 approval invalidates the AP. Now I either have to postpone my travel or try my luck with a walk-in at the INS.

If you are travelling out side US in 7 days. I would suggest make a try.

It is worth to be clean stamped case if possible. If it does not work try other options.

I went this morning, got it stamped ( I had infopass ). But at least early in the morning 6.30 they seem to be generally receptive, though I didn't need any special consideration.

Try to logon midnight and Some times you will get appt for next day or near.
Keep on trying.

Got my passport stamped!

Arrived at the USCIS building at 8101 Stemmons in Dallas at 10:30 AM. There are two lines outside the building - one for those with appointments and one for those without. Both lines terminate at a single counter and the officer services both lines with priority for the appointment holders. If you have an appointment then you get a token and can enter the building lobby.

The non-appointment line was only about 20 deep and my turn came up in 40 minutes. I showed the lady my I-485 approval notice, my tickets for next week and my AP, and asked if I could still use the AP. As expected she said the AP was invalid and I had to get an infopass appointment for processing the I-485 approval and stamping my passport. I then showed her my infopass confirmation for August 16th and explained that my travel date was 4 days before that. She pondered for a moment and then said she'd cancel the August 16th appt and gave me a walk-in token (series E) and told me I'd be called at around 2:30 PM.

Better safe than sorry so I came back at 12:30 PM and entered the lobby. As advertised my turn came at 2:45 PM. The officer was very friendly and the whole process was over in 7 minutes. Submitted all EADs and APs, the approval notice, I-94 and 2 ADIT-style photos.

Good luck to those of you in a similar situation - traveling within 2 weeks of approval. My advice is to go there and give it a shot. Worst case you've wasted an hour and the round-trip to get there.