stamping with corutesy copy

here\'s my story...

... I went for my stamping two days back. Took both the original copies as well as the courtesy copies. The officer took my original copies first. Then I told her that I would like to receive my plastic cards in the mail at my residential address (rather than my lawyer\'s address mentioned on the original notice). She asked me if I had the courtesy copies. I handed those over to her as well and this is what she attached to the plastic cards application.

However, I would advise you to wait for your original copies before you go for stamping and take both with you.

Question for palluji ?

Did you had to fill up anything special in the form for recieving the
cards at your residential address ?

Thanks
sj_s99

reply to sj_s99\'s question...

sj_s99, a few of my friends gave the original notice which had the lwayers address on it. They had to tell the INS clerk to change the postal address to their residential address. This they did by striking off the lawyer\'s address on the notice and writing their address by hand on it. Alternatively, you could give your courtesy copy which already has your res add on it. I went with the second option. The clerk attached my courtesy copy to the I-89 (application for plastic card) and put the original in the shredding basket.

I did not fill in anything on the form. In fact the clerck herself filled in my Alien number, eac number and approval category (eg. E26).

Hi Palluji,, What is courtesy copy ????

Per AVM I\'m approved.. So now new questions arise
What is courtesy copy ?
Is it different from Approval notice we receive from INS ..
How to get Courtesy copy ...
And other inputs like Docs needed for passport stamping etc., will be greatly appreciated ...

- Thanks