Stamping when spouse is out of country

msdms

Registered Users (C)
My spouse and I got our I-485 approved last week.

I am planning to get an appointment for I551 stamping on my passport.
However my spouse is outside the country with an valid advance paroll to re-re-enter the country. (Returning only in April 1st week - 2005)

1. Is it OK for the primary to get I-551 stamping done and the spouse can get the passport stampped at a later date

2. SHould I wait until my spose gets back into the country and then go for stamping.

Any suggestions or tips welcome

Thanks
msdms

Not a Problem

Absolutely no problem. I did exactly the same thing and my wife came back with no problems and she got stamped later. No questions asked either at POE or during stamping. U should stamp yours ASAP.

Just send her the following to be safe

Original Approval letter courtesy copy ( keep the one sent to lawyer with u)
approval email printout
ur approval copy
ur stamping copy
her infopass appt printout

These docs should help if POE has any questions. She doesn't need to show these by default, only if asked. I guess the POE will know that her GC is approved because the POE officer said 'Enjoy your GC' to my wife eventhough my wife didn't disclose that her GC was approved.

Red_Card said:
Absolutely no problem. I did exactly the same thing and my wife came back with no problems and she got stamped later. No questions asked either at POE or during stamping. U should stamp yours ASAP.

Just send her the following to be safe

Original Approval letter courtesy copy ( keep the one sent to lawyer with u)
approval email printout
ur approval copy
ur stamping copy
her infopass appt printout

These docs should help if POE has any questions. She doesn't need to show these by default, only if asked. I guess the POE will know that her GC is approved because the POE officer said 'Enjoy your GC' to my wife eventhough my wife didn't disclose that her GC was approved.

Thank you for sharing this information. Its helpful to me too.

Red_Card said:
You are correct that at POE they will know that GC is approved. Because they always check their system with A# and when they will check with A#, they will come to know immediately. Also a inspection is done before you board your flight to USA. They collect all your details there and in the time that you fly into US (which will be what about 8-9 hours from most places and about 10-14 hours if flying into west coast), they would have located each and every person on their system if he has ever visited US in his life and all details about him/her. So if ever asked if you are aware about the status of your GC, do not try to feign ignorance about it, always tell what has happened. Since your wife left before approval, there is nothing that she is doing wrong.

<<<<Also a inspection is done before you board your flight to USA. They collect all your details there and in the time that you fly into US (which will be what about 8-9 hours from most places and about 10-14 hours if flying into west coast), they would have located each and every person on their system if he has ever visited US in his life and all details about him/her. >>>>

Dazzling,

The system u r talking has got nothing to do with POE check. The pre-boarding check is to track suspected terrorists not every immigrant. it's a name check for suspected terrorists.
Only POE will check ur immigration status.