Stamping Question.

BladeRunner

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I got the courtesy copy of the approval notice from USCIS and the original was sent to the attorney. My question is can I use the courtesy copy for stamping?

Also the copy asks me to take the arrival/ departure record for stamping besides the I-94... what is arrival/ departure record?

Thanks,
BR

Courtesy Copy is fine

I94 is the Arrival Departure record.

Hey PatienceGC, How have you been? It is nostalgic now..
I missed this board.. I come now and then to see if old timers are still around. Nice to see you lurking on this forum !!! Is 'IT" still around?

hey FG

I have been good. Except Scotgirl who has comeback after a long abscence, the old timers are gone. Even Roran has dropped off. And yes the IT has been silent for a while.

The people here are too much into serious stuff. even TGIF dies down after 3 posts.

oh well

Hi PatienceGC. I'm back due to receiving an RFE...until then I had really put the whole thing out of my mind and tried to forget about it. Now I'm back to obsessing :)

I have a question, not that I'm nearly at stamping stage but, last time I entered the US I used AP and the immigration officer told me I did not need I-94. It seems it's needed for stamping though. Is it wrong for me not to have one?

Originally posted by Scotgirl
I have a question, not that I'm nearly at stamping stage but, last time I entered the US I used AP and the immigration officer told me I did not need I-94. It seems it's needed for stamping though. Is it wrong for me not to have one?

From what I see read, there was recent a change made to the I-94 that they give people on re-entry with an AP. Previously the I-94 had an expiry date of one year but now its authorized for indefinite stay. But I did not see any article mention that the I-94 isnt neccessary.

But then it might be different in your case because of where you are from. It may apply differently to Eurpean countries. So check with your lawyer or post in the general board.

Hope you get your card soon.

A related question

Say you have AP/EAD but you continue to work and travel on H1.

Assume you H1 expires and you don't bother renewing it, you therefore continue working for sponsor on EAD.

Your I94 also expires since the date on it reflected your H1 date.

Now you get 485 Approved and need to turn up for stamping, do you show them your expired I94?

I guess you could have left the country shortly before the H1B expired and re-enter on AP in order to get a I94 with a later expiry date - I'm guessing thats not really necessary is it?

The I-94 that they need is the form attached to your H1-B and not the arrival/departure record. It is attached to form I797A. They will need it whether or not it is expired.

Thanks guys. I will send my lawyer an e-mail before I travel next.

My H-1B expired right before my trip so I was travelling on AP/EAD. I had no idea what forms to fill in on the plane so filled them all in and the kind immigration officer said none were necessary.

I'll send lawyer an e-mail confirming before my next trip since I'm hopeful that my approval will be soon.

Thanks again.
Scotgirl.

Sai,

Are you sure ?

The I94 card that I tore of the bottom of the latest 797 H1B approval notice did become my offical I94 card for a while ....

However the very next time I left the country, I handed it in as I left and was given a new one when I returned. The new one was dated with an expiry date the same as the previous, as expected.

So you are suggesting just take your current I94 ( even it becomes expired before you get to stamping )