Stamping question

immi_09

Registered Users (C)
Stamping scare?!

In the forums, I read a few days ago a guys case, where local INS officer during stamping asked him questions about employment and other things. I am under the impression that when a case is approved, it is approved. why would they ask questions again at stamping?

I ask 'coz this is in my head since yeaterday and my stamping appt is on monday in phili. So I needto go with all documentation and all also?

pls post your experiences..

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
immi_09 said:
In the forums, I read a few days ago a guys case, where local INS officer during stamping asked him questions about employment and other things. I am under the impression that when a case is approved, it is approved. why would they ask questions again at stamping?

I ask 'coz this is in my head since yeaterday and my stamping appt is on monday in phili. So I needto go with all documentation and all also?

pls post your experiences..

thanks
immi_09,
Please post your experience after stampping. I am sorry that I can't help you with an answer, but will be going to phili on 30th. But as far as I can gather from few of my friends who got their stampping (Newark) that they were asked for nothing not even EAD's/AP's etc. Even if they ask questions, I suspect they would want any proof of employment etc. I gues they should ask only for documents listed on the approval notice.
Regards,
Waiting!

I got stamping done on my passport in philly on this Tuesday(11/16/04).

Inforpass was VERY CONVENIENT. my appointment was at 8:55 am. the security guard let me in 8:40am. and I went in to Booth #6 where i submited the infopass.

They said my name will be called shortly. They called my name. The officer was a white guy. He got my signature and index finger printing. and he asked me if i had EADs with me.. and i have a bunch of them.. he took them back. and he said i am able to be in and out anytime with the stamp.and i got out of the office at 9:00am.