Stamping question please

sar_98

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My 1-485 was approved on April 1st 2004. We are living in Memphis but the approval notice says to go to the ins office in Atlanta for stamping. Can we go to the Memphis office for stamping? We used to live in Atlanta but moved to Memphis 9 months ago. We informed the address change to INS and also applied the AR11 form. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
-sar_98

as i understand, you can walk in ANY ins office nationwide, also NO appointment needed. just bring:

1). passport (at least 6 months good)
2). 2 photos (right ear need fully shown)
3). all ead, ap if you have any
4). approval notice (either original or copy works)
5). right index finger (of course always with you :p, just make sure no any hurt on it)

go for it as soon as possible, it will trigger to order your plastic card.

Cplusplus or anyone who did stamping in Charlotte , NC.
For passport stamping, I am going to Charlotte on this Tuesday. Please post your experience about stamping in Charlotte. Office open time , the time I have to arrive for early stamping etc....The approval notice says I need to go Rm 138 of Charlotte office. I am wondering if I can go to the room directly without waiting. Thanks in advance.

RD 12/28/2001
AD 4/12/2004

bighand boy ...

there were some stamping experience from Anajoti, original_007, Toolongawait and me, i believe you will get everything you should know about stamping in charlotte

Anajoti and original_007:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120466&highlight=charlotte

Toolongawait and me:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118462&highlight=charlotte

ins did not update their address info in their 485 approval notice, you NEED go 6130 Tyvola Centre Dr, Charlotte NC 28217 (new address) !!

nice stamping :p

Last edited by a moderator:
also take:

you might also want to take:
-a copy of your change of address form, i think AR-11, or someting that shows that you informed INS about your change of address.
- if possible your tax return, W-2s from last year that shows your previous address.

Only show the additional documentation if the officer asks.
You are just proving that you had lived at the previous address and recently moved.

best of luck.