Stamping Photo reqt question.

OmGV

Registered Users (C)
What exactly is the photo requirement for stamping, is it front faced immigration style or passport photo? Are they different. Since this reqt is new, the studion people were not familiar [e.g., Costco].
At SFO, how long does it take? I have an meeting at 10 that I need to be at, the stamping for me and spouse are at 8 and 8.15. Will I be done by 9.15? Sorry for being prickly, just had to ask.

OmGV,
We had taken front face photos at costco...,
The guy at Costco in Tustin, said they received a flyer from their management..., changing requirement for immigration photos...

The regulation has changed, it should be front photo now. My approval letter still says old ADIT style photo, but I took front photos to my stamping appointment because I heard the news. I believe, beginning 9/1, they will only accept front photos.

- What exactly is the photo requirement for stamping
Front faced. no more side faced.

-At SFO, how long does it take?
You can go early at SFO showing your infopass appointment. From my experience I had appt at 11.30, went inside at 11.25, came out at 12.15. Security people allows you inside maximum of 15 min before.
No camera phones allowed.

Thanks again for the info.

How about parking, if going by car? Someone had written that there is metered parking just in front. I have a 8 appointment, so it may not be full. I think, i can just drop coins for 2 hours, hence should be able to use it. In case if it already taken what else is the choice? Since, v r taking the kid, just want to get all the details straight.

yes parking in front of the washington st entrance (where you need to enter) is metered parking. While i was waiting I saw that people are taking in/out frequently. And washington st is one way towards sansome st.

If its not available just go straight on Washington and at the intersection of washington/California you will see public parking. Its costly like around 30 dollars per day. I don't think its hourly based.

strollers are allowed inside after security check (scan). restrooms and cafe are inside.

Last year when I travelled to Baja (Cabo San Lucas), I found out that you need a visa to travel to Mexico, irrespective of GC or H1 visa in US. Only US passports are allowed entry without visa.
I agree that websites are confusing and even different local offices provide varying information.

I went to the Mexican consultate in SF. They took the requested documents/ fees and returned my passport (stamped with visa) in four days.

Hope this helps.