Stamping Passport

srb

Registered Users (C)
Does any one know if I can go to any Immigration Office other than the one mentioned in my 485 approval letter to get my passport stamped and for further processing?

No Title

srb, no idea. But, why do you wanna take risk going to other office, just curious. I hope that you may not have problem, but continue to check with other people. Othewise, try to go to your preferred place and see what the heck, nothing you can loose, hope this helps.

No Title

What I think is that you have to go to the INS main office (not the INS Application Support Centers) nearest to YOUR address to which the letter was sent. Its like this...
Every regional Service Center has its own set of States which it will Service (Only those states have access to that Service Center).
If you have a California Service Center approval you cannot stamp your GC in the Chicago area because its a different region and they cannot confirm your approval online. Its safer to got to your local INS than try anywhere else, but you can give it a try and if you are successful please post it on this board so that everyone can share it.
Good Luck
max max

No Title

SRB, I am curious to know about it if one can have their passport stamped in different INS.

No Title

I got my passport stamped in Atlanta, I was asked to go to Chicago office in my approval notice.

No Title

Did they ask you why u chose to come to Atlanta rather than Chicago..I mean did u have a relatively easy time getting it stamped?

No Title

Yes, I just told her that I was in Atlanta temporarily on an assignment. She did not ask me anything else.