Stamping on newPP

Sudhakar2003

Hi,

I have sent my PP for Visa stamping
SL date 26 Aug
DC date 28 Sep
I may receive it in the first week of Dec. I am going to India in Dec. I am planning to change my name on the passport. If I do so, I may get a new pasport in India along with the old passport.

If I get a new PP, do I need do stamping again in India?

If stamping is requiered for the new pp what r the docs. I have to submit to consulate office at Chennai?

Pls anybody knows abt this help me.

Sudhakar

I have sent my PP for Visa stamping
SL date 26 Aug
DC date 28 Sep
I may receive it in the first week of Dec. I am going to India in Dec. I am planning to change my name on the passport. If I do so, I may get a new passport in India along with the old passport.

If I get a new PP, do I need do stamping again in India?
---- if you change your name and get new passport with new name it will not match with your name on Visa stamp on old passport, if you try to get new H1B stamp then your H1B approval name will not match with new name on passport
If stamping is required for the new pp what r the docs. I have to submit to consulate office at Chennai?
----- I will not mess up and will not change the name, Chennai is creating problems for straight cases and you are trying to mess up. Still if you want to do it consult with good knowledgeable lawyer before going for name change or better do it when you are in US and get new passport with name change from Indian embassy Washington DC or contact your nearest Indian consulate