stamping in bayarea

canada_or_usa

Registered Users (C)
I have been reading thru various post here and they were very helpful. Thank You guys. Time to give back, here is my experience for stamping in bayarea I did last week.

Took appt (One appt for a family) and went to SJ office. SJ office is difficult to locate, so have extra time for reaching there or consult some one who had been there. We got lost and barely made on time. There was another lady who was like 20 minutes late but they allowed her in too.

The person at entrance just look at infopass appt and let us in after seeing ID.
At the ticketing window, the person asked for approval and if we have brought two photo.
He asked how many people and when I said three, it looked a little bit surprised but didn't say anything.
Gave us a number and told us to wait.

Within 2-3 minutes, our number came, give the officer PP, I-94, Photo and approval notice. He sorted out in 3 lots, matching each document. Asked me for FP and signature. Asked about AP or EAD, since I didn't have any, said no. Put in that *magic* stamp and bind all document together.

Then he explained what this *magic* stamp can do, it allows us to travel, its proof of work auth, could be used for driver Lic and SSN. Told us the validity and explained it will take a month to five month for physical card and we should call CIS if we didn't got after 6 month.

For whom who were asking why is stamp necessary, the above might explain. Also they won't process the physical card
till that time, stamp is must and only proof till physical card.

Same process for spouse and kid.

Yes, kid did get stamped, he didn't sign nor did FP. I read in this forum that kids don't need stamp but they do and will get their PP stamped.

The whole process from entry in building to exit, took 20-25 minutes.

And remember its not an INTERVIEW, just process of stamping, so stay calm and welcome to LPR world.