stamping experience

tanvim

Registered Users (C)
Boston stamping experience

Reached JFK fedral building at 6:55 am, there were about 25-30 people ahead of me. 7.00 am the gates opened and I was inside the building about 7:25 am. After the security check went to the Immigrationsforms counter on the left hand side and got the form I-89 aftersignature and finger printing stood in the next line for the token.After almost 30 minutes of wait I got a token but of the 14 counters there was only 1 or 2 counters working, Had to wait for 1 hour 15 minutes before my turn came up. I was asked for theapproval notice the I-89 form, EAD and AP. That is it no more questions asked. THe passport was stamped and handed back
with the statement that I can travel anywhere and can continue employment and was told that I should receive the card in about
3 weeks.

Note: Even though my receipt date according to the 485 notice was aug21 2001 the receipt notice on the approval notice was
oct, 15 which is my notice date so I have a feeling that they process 485 according to notice date and not receipt date.

RD 08-21-01 ( according to 485 receipt)
RD 10-15-01 ( according to approval notice)
ND 10-15-01
AD 10-09-02

All the best !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tanvim
did you go with the reciept( Approval notice) that the lawyer got or the one that you recieved?

info needed regarding Receipt notice

Could you please tell me how long it took to get the aproval notice by mail from the aproved date

Thanks in adv.

Hi senmano
Even though the AVM said that the notice was posted on 9th
october I found that the stamp on the envelope had a date of 16th october and I recived it on the 18th so don't go completely by what the AVM says !!

Hi poiuytre
Took the approval notice I received not what the lawyere sent. They are not bothered about which copy you take as long as it is approval notice.

Parking???????????

Tanvim

Thanks for all these valuable info - I plan to go to Boston this friday.

Can you tell me if you took your car - if yes - did you park in the streets or in the infamous parking lot opposite JFK? How much did it cost and if there is enough space - etc.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi abhi_01201
I did take my car and it did not cost much. If you are familiar with that area there is a st which is used for parking
when you go to hay market that was almost deserted when I reached in the mornig so I put in some coins and that was it

ALL THE BEST !!