Stamping Experience @ Santa Ana.

amburan

Registered Users (C)
Stamping Experience:

Today I went for my stamping experience @ Santa Ana. I took with me

1. 2 Photos
2. I-94
3. All my expired and current one
4. APs (even though it was not mentioned)
5. EADS ( \'\')
6. Courtesy Copy.

I did not go there early. I reached INS office at 9:30 AM. Parking is across the building and it is free.

In front of the building there are three lines. One for INS, one for IRS and one for Social Security. Pl check with the guard which lines goes where.

As usual Security Check and went to the third floor. No one in the floor, except a guard and counter staff. Got my token and went to 5th floor.

there were about 200 people waiting, but the display was showing one number before me is being serviced. Within a minute, I was called and wentto the counter. Gave her my passport, courtesy copy and Photos. She asked me my AP and EADs. Since I want to retain it (if US changes the law and if I become President, I want to donate the EAD and AP to the libarary.. heheheh), I told here that I did not bring it here. She said if cannot attach the AP, there might be queries before the issue of the card. Hence I told her "you can give me the stamp and I will go and check my files in the car and if I have it, I will bring it". She said ok, and stamped and FPed me and gave me a slip so that I can come back.

Since I had all my stuff in my coat, I just went out of the floor and took one AP (retained other AP and EAD card) and gave it back to her. She attached my AP to my courtesy copy and said thats all.

The whole process took me from parking to exiting 12 minutes.

I do not know whether anyone gave back the EAD and both the AP notices...

Hope to get the card..

--amburan.

amburan :its funny haa..anyway congrats..so U tried to bargain with INS::))wow

wow - 12 minutes (this is a new national record which should be admitted into the guinness world boo

did ur approval notice specify santa ana ?

please reply

rsrgc.....

My notice mentioned that I need to go to LA Downtown. But I felt that Santa Ana is not crowded on Thursdays due to reduced working hours. Some of my friends did in Westminister, but I want to give a try @ Santa Ana.

Anyway, it worked.

--amburan.

Thanks for sharing your experience

It will certainly help me when I go there next. Could you post the Santa Ana INS address here please?

34, Civic Plaza Dr. Santa Ana.

You can exit either at Main St or Santa Ana Blvd, and drive towards west. Main St is closer but there is no exit from I5 South...directly...

there is no INS office in westminster.

The office has been moved/attached to Santa Ana INS office.

Prabhu

Similar Experience in Santa Ana a day earlier

Had a similar experience, but the gentle man at the counter did not take my AP/I94(I94 had expired), but he took my original approval notice, EAD and photographs and stamped my pp.So, it also depends on which officer you go to, while stamping.

Congratulation !! Hope my turn will come soon. Santa Ana is a great place for PP.

I got my interim EAD card earlier from Santa Ana office.It is
not crowded at all.

To oc_gc_waiter - could u also post your details

yes u can go to santa ana
please post md/rd/ead/ap/fp/avm message/ad/eb category/country/location

This will help us for tracking purposes

to rsrgc: my detail

Empolyment case
Orange county
I-485:
RD: May, 01
ND: July, 01
AP: July, 01
EAD: Oct., 01
FP: early Nov., 01
AVM: Late Dec., 01, " ... resumed"
Approval notice: Feb. 06, 01
Hasn\'t yet changed to approved.

Yes. she asked my I-94.

Pl before giving it her make a copy, so that incase if you need it the I-94 #. It is also there in the 485 application anyway if you forgot to make a copy (for those who already got stamped and feel that they did not make a copy).

--amburan.