Stamping Experience in Newark, Sept 19 01.

skotia

Registered Users (C)
We (my wife and me) went to Newark INS office yday to get our passports stamped yesterday.

We reached the office at 9:00AM. There was no line outside the building and after passing through the x-ray we went to Room # 335 (may be 334). The person there took our approval notice (i had both courtesy copy and the copy recevied by the lawyer) and asked us to wait. The room was jam packed and there were very few seats available.

As we waited, the room got more packed (became standing room only) and more stuffy and hot. After two and half hours of waiting our name was called. We were asked to go to Room 135.

There were handful of people in Room 135. We waited in line for abt 30 minutes and we were at a counter. The lady there took our finger print and signature and gave us the package and asked us to go to room 1022. We were also given a token number.

When we reached room 1022 we realized that there were 90 people in front of us. There were only two counters open and things were moving slowly. However, this room was more comforable and there was space to sit.

We waited for two hours here and finally we our number was called. The lady asked for our current address and nothing else. She stamped our passports and wished us congratulations. Mentioned that the actual card will arrive in 6 to 12 months.

In total took us 5:45 hours of waiting. Not a big deal compared to the time it took us to reach this stage, but became a bit boring and painful because our 15 month old baby was extremely bored and tried.

In any case, the details of my case (posed earlier) are.
EB Category: EB2
Priority Date: 9-1-99
I-485 Receipt Date: 10-31-00
I-485 Notification Date: 11-28-00
Finger Print Date: 3-13-01
Approval Date: 9-1-01
AP in Jan, 01 and EAD in March, 01.

Can I use courtesy copy for stamping at Newark

Is Courtesy copy is enough to get stamping st Newark.

not sure

I have heard some people getting pp stamped with courtesy copy... depends on your luck. If you happen to get a picky immi. officer, he/she may ask for the original letter.

No Title

i got a feeling that they did not care if you had the original or the courtesy copy.. but as with everything to do with government, depends on your luck..

good luck

skotia