Stamping Experience in New York City

waitdayandday

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

My wife and I got our passports stamped today in New York City (my daughter's approval notice is still not received.)
9:30 Entering Javits Federal building, went to 8th floor, room 245, showed approval notice - "courtesy copy" and got number (Don’t be scared by the long queue outside of the building. The long queue is only for people without appointment);
10:50 Number called, got fingerprint and handed in passport, EAD card, travel document, and 2 photos;
12:00 Got stamped passport (no question asked, just "Congratulations!");
12:00 Went to 31st floor room 120, social security administration to re-apply SSN (change to “allowed to work”).
12:20 Having celebration lunch.

Good luck to all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and Questions

I also got the approval notice. But if I look at the notice carefully, the notice doesn't ask me to bring the EAD and Travel documents, it says "please take this notice, your Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-94, your passport, and two ADIT style color phots meeting the specification listed below, to the local INS office listed below to have your fingerprint and signature taken on form I-89, and otherwise complete processing for your Alien Registration Card".

My questions:
1) why you should bring the EAD and Travel documents while they are not required in the notice?
2)why people call this process "passport stamping" while the INS notice never mentions the "stamping" (it only says to complete processing for your Alien Registration Card. Is the passport stamping still another process after the completion of the Alien Registration Card.
3)did you make an appointment beforehand? I want to wait for my wife who is still not approved. Is there any time requirement that I must do the Alien Registration Card (or stamping) within some days after receiving the approval notice?

Thank you.

Congrats!!! Question on Stamping

Waitdayandday, I appreciate if you can answer this question!!!

How do I get an appointment for stamping? What phone number to call? Do we have an option to choose the time and date?

I got my approval notice and tried to fix up an appointment at National Service Center, but the lady says no appointment is required, per the letter asked me to go there on friday in the specified time. It seems you really did a smart work. I don't want to wait in line for hours. Tell me your secret!!!

No secret at all. The notice itself is considered as an appointment to me. It says “on Friday?, then you do it on Friday. Don't go to the entrance with long line. Go to the entrance in the back of the building, the security guys there will let you in. You don’t have to wait in line!

Last edited by a moderator: