Stamping Experience in Chicago..Rsur

Rsur

Registered Users (C)
I have got my passport stamped today at Chicago and would like to share the experience.

Documents I had taken:
2 EADs
2 APs
2 i-94s
2 photographs as per spec.
i-485 Approval Notice
Infopass Appointment printout
Passport with validity of at least 1 year

I had the photographs taken at a local Jewel Osco. They have the calibration to check for the face size and other specs and give you 16 photos for 7$. They even give 8 each for you and spouse on a single sheet if requested.

We went about 20 minutes before the appt. time and were asked to go upto the 2nd Floor after security check. There wasn't any one waiting in line and we got a number almost immediately. Our number was called a few minutes after we went in and the officer took all our papers and asked us to take a seat. I had grouped all papers separately for me and spouse (thanks misc_chic for this suggestion)

In less than 10 minutes he called us and took our fingerprints/signatures and gave us our passports with the i-551 stamp.

We were done in less than 20 minutes!! This is a really great experience!!

My advice to people who get approved would be to book an infopass appointment as soon as you get the approval mail and not wait for the actual approval copy. (http://infopass.uscis.gov) If you do not get in during the day try after midnight.

To me this stamping is an important milestone as it ensures the status of the derivative beneficiary and should be done as soon as possible.

It is a great feeling to be out of the EAD/AP renewal loop.

Thanks to all of you and Good Luck in whatever you are doing.