Stamping experience in Arlington VA

Samyukta

Registered Users (C)
Finally, we got our passports stampted today.
Here is our experience:
Got there at 5:45 A.M and there were atleast 30 people ahead of us.
there is also a parking place right next to the INS..$4 is charged.
PLease wear warm clothes.. I almost froze to death.Then lots of people started coming about 100 within an hour.. so, the early you go, the early you can get out.
THere is a Deli next to the INS, so you can grab something there incase you are hungry..or coffee to keep you warm.

Around 7:30 they opened the door..
We need to pass through a security check (Just like in the Airports)
then take an elevator and go to the 2nd floor and get in another line.
There they will check to see the reason for going to the INS and see all the documentation they need.. in our case she just asked us for our Valid Passports, EAD, Advance Parole, I-94, 2 Photos, Approval Letter. and she gave us a token number.

Once we got the token we need to wait for our number to be called (looks exactly like a DMV) then, just go to the counter, give them the documents and they will take a finget print and a signature and stamp our passport.

That\'s it..
It\'s pretty simple. On the whole our entire process was over at 9:30 A.M.
But, just remember to go as early as possible (Some people were standing there since 4:30 .. might a little too much, but 5:45 - 6:00 A.M is a decent time) also remember to wrap yourself to be warm.
Also, children can be brought in to the INS. I have seen lots of kids.

Hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have anyother questions.

Regards
Samyukta

No Title

congratulations Samyukta and thank you for sharing the details. You must be feeling so \'light\'!

No Title

thank you.
Yes it\'s a little relief that I don\'t have to check my mail everyday eagerly to see if something form INS is in my mailbox.

SAmyukta

No Title

Thanks for the information... I will be going next week to Arlington for Passport Stamping !!!I have lost my 1-94 and old expired Payroll... How its looks to you that they must need those or they just ask you in general to return whatever documents you have from before to surrender... My question is what they will do if I don\'t have the expired payroll and I-94?
I hope you are somone else would know the answer in the similer sitution???

No Title

Can you give us information about what all documents you took with you for passport stamping. Thanks in advance.