Stamping experience at SJ - EAD not asked for

mjr_tx

Registered Users (C)
all,

got my pp stamped to day. they did not ask for my EAD. has anyone had a similar experience?

my tip to all - go early. the line starts swelling after 2.30 am. i stood in the line at 1 am and was in at 7 am. 6 people ahead of me. got done in 30 mins.

dos submitted: I-94, AP, photos

WAC 02-265-**
485 RD 08/02
Approval Date 07/22/04
Stamped 07/26/04

mjr_tx said:
got my pp stamped to day. they did not ask for my EAD. has anyone had a similar experience?

I stamped in SF last week and they did not ask for our EADs or APs. I don't think they would have asked for our I-94s either, but they fell out of our passports, so they took them. The approval notice does not say to bring old EADs and APs, just your passport and I-94, so I guess you don't have to take them with you...

No harm in taking all the documents.
I sincerely advice everyone to take all the documents EADs, APs and I-94s along with you. That way you won't have to face any unneccessary situations if you run into a freak officer who demands all the documents. BETTER BE PREPARED THAN FUMING LATER.
But give it to them only if asked otherwise keep it framed as souvenir of your GC process

No need to go early

Go around 5. thats what I did. Keep around 5 -6 hrs of time. I got done around 10.00. People were still coming in at 10.00. They stop letting in people at 11.00. So as long as you get in by that time you are fine.

Again you have to spare a day for this. Either way you are free. employer can't b..s..t anymore with you.

mjr_tx said:
all,

my tip to all - go early. the line starts swelling after 2.30 am. i stood in the line at 1 am and was in at 7 am. 6 people ahead of me. got done in 30 mins.

WAC 02-265-**
485 RD 08/02
Approval Date 07/22/04
Stamped 07/26/04

I did my stamping on the same day as mjr_tx, who was number 6 in the line and I was number 9. If I am not wrong, mjr_tx and I had an conversation and even got one person trying to jump the line to go to the back.

Anyway, I arrived just before 4am and was out at 8.15am. My wait time was about 4 hours.

485 RD 05/2002
AD 07/14/04
Stamped 07/26/04

what's inside

scanff04 said:
I did my stamping on the same day as mjr_tx, who was number 6 in the line and I was number 9. If I am not wrong, mjr_tx and I had an conversation and even got one person trying to jump the line to go to the back.

Anyway, I arrived just before 4am and was out at 8.15am. My wait time was about 4 hours.

485 RD 05/2002
AD 07/14/04
Stamped 07/26/04

Hi, can you tell me what's it like inside the building?
I'm not sure if I should take my 2-year old kid with me or not.

use Appointment

I used appointment (Set by lawyer through AILA). charged $10 per applicant (not the primary applicant).

I went there at 1:00 PM and got out 1:30 pm.

xv920 said:
Hi, can you tell me what's it like inside the building?
I'm not sure if I should take my 2-year old kid with me or not.

Inside the building, you have chairs in the waiting area and restrooms if you need them. But, you CANNOT eat, drink or use your cell phone.

Nevertheless, when you get in, you will get a token and the guard says that you can get out of the building to do you stuff and then get back in.

Children and babies are allowed inside and I believe I read a notice that children should be under supervision at all times. If you plan to line up early in the morning, it is probably a good idea for the children to stay in the car until the guards start to let in people (around 7 to 7.30am).

scanff04 said:

485 RD 05/2002
AD 07/14/04
Stamped 07/26/04

hi scanff04,

i lost my wallet that day. i was sitting next to you can could have dropped it in your bag. can u check please?

wik said:
I stamped in SF last week and they did not ask for our EADs or APs. I don't think they would have asked for our I-94s either, but they fell out of our passports, so they took them. The approval notice does not say to bring old EADs and APs, just your passport and I-94, so I guess you don't have to take them with you...

you are right about what the notice says, wik. that puts me at ease. i was just checking to make sure they don't delay my card because some officer forgot to ask for my EAD :(

mjr_tx said:
hi scanff04,

i lost my wallet that day. i was sitting next to you can could have dropped it in your bag. can u check please?

Hi mjr_tx, I am sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately, I did not find any 'foreign' objects when I cleared out the paper bag yesterday.

mjr_tx said:
all,

WAC 02-265-**
485 RD 08/02
Approval Date 07/22/04
Stamped 07/26/04

In my case she did not take anything, not even I-94.

sri3440 said:
I used appointment (Set by lawyer through AILA). charged $10 per applicant (not the primary applicant).

I went there at 1:00 PM and got out 1:30 pm.

Wow! thats cool! How do you do that??? CAn lawyers outside of AILA get an apt ?

Hi Folks,
Congratulations to all of you. Does anybody know is it possible to go for stamping without the approval notice? Do they have access to the documents. I havent received my approval notice yet and was wondering if it would be possible to go without it.

PS: I did not use an attorney for AOS so I cannot get the diplicate

golumolu said:
No harm in taking all the documents.
I sincerely advice everyone to take all the documents EADs, APs and I-94s along with you. That way you won't have to face any unneccessary situations if you run into a freak officer who demands all the documents. BETTER BE PREPARED THAN FUMING LATER.
But give it to them only if asked otherwise keep it framed as souvenir of your GC process

I dont know the link between AILA and lawyer

M_pickle

I dont the link between Lawyer and AILA. BTW, if your lawyer not part of AILA, I am not sure of the credentials of your lawyer. Heard some where that all lawyers are members of AILA.

When I contacted my lawyer, she said first thing is apppointment is only for residents of Santa Clara county. Secondly, she needs to go through AILA, and they charge $10 per applicant (not including the primary). I asked if she needs any money, she said no need. After couple of days, she sent me an email with attachement - which had the appointment letter which I took to SJ USCIS.

It is worth the money 1000 times !!!

sri3440 said:
M_pickle

I dont the link between Lawyer and AILA. BTW, if your lawyer not part of AILA, I am not sure of the credentials of your lawyer. Heard some where that all lawyers are members of AILA.

When I contacted my lawyer, she said first thing is apppointment is only for residents of Santa Clara county. Secondly, she needs to go through AILA, and they charge $10 per applicant (not including the primary). I asked if she needs any money, she said no need. After couple of days, she sent me an email with attachement - which had the appointment letter which I took to SJ USCIS.

Can you please ask your lawyer if she can get the appointment for me?

sri3440 said:
M_pickle

I would pay even 100$ per applicant if I donot have to go early. I have a 2 yr old kid, whom I don't want to put thr. this.

Just curious, how do I find if my residence falls in Santa CLara County or not?

Here is the list of cities which come under santa clara county.

There are 15 cities including Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Los Gatos, Milpitas, Monte Sereno, Morgan Hill, Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Jose, Santa Clara, Saratoga, and Sunnyvale, ranging from Palo Alto to the north, to Gilroy in the south.