stamping experience at newark

dix1970

Registered Users (C)
reached newark bcis @ 10:45 . went to the office located on 2nd floor ( it seems 3rd floor is being renovated). No one in the whole room. They asked me to show the notice of approval which they refered to as appointment notice and then just gave a ticket and asked to go to 10th floor.

On 10th floor , there were about 2-3 families. immediately they took finger print and signature, then took all our docs ( old and new eads , old ap , did not take ap again, photos , notice and passport). they did some paper work for about 3 minutes and asked us to have a seat to do some security verification.

only question they asked was to verify the address to whic gc will be sent

Called us back after about 10 minutes and stamped the passports and congratulated on getting the permanent residence
and told that it will take 6 -12 months to get GC.

So it was a smooth process . only thing I had to drive for 2 hours from southern NJ.

for me it took about 23 months from filing of I-485 . No RFEs . I had finger printing 3 times. My wife had finger printing 4 times.
We had moved from CT to NJ . sent change of address note and also called them on phone.

We got a letter saying that address has been changed. our approval notice came to the new address.

Had applied for 3rd EAD but within1 month got the approvals.

So paid what some call the GC tax.

I wanted to put some info as I owe it to this forum.

This forum has helped me in being proactive in getting all the docs in place and knowing what to expect.

Thanks

Rajesh Dixit

quick dmv related question

Quick question.

Will the DMV regional office extend my driver's licencse based on the GC stamp on the passport. Has anyone got a renewal based on the passport stamp. I currently have my licencse for 1 year based on my H1.

do they clearly understand that passport stamp is as good as GC