Stamping experience at Newark -Near toGC

Near toGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends

I went for stamping last Wednesday and they said they are closed on that day and asked me to come next wednesday(9/19)
But I saw some postings off PSS,Set_me_free(I spoke to this guy, very helpful thanks to him) who got their PP Stamped
on Thursday and Friday. So I thought to give a try today.

Reached Federal Building 970 Broad Street Newark at 7.30AM and parked car accross the street(You have parking lot where
you can pay $6 a full day or outside on the street you can park by putting quarters(3 for 60 minitues). I parked outside on the
street as I am not sure whether they are going to allow me to stamp or not and I already lost $5 before on last wednesday.
I went out 3 times during the process to put quarters.

Was a big line(back side of building) saw doughboy(was standing behind me, actually I spoke to him after stamping is done). They started around 8AM and we are allowed to enter inside around 8.45 AM asked us to keep Photo ID with us to show at the entrance(If you do not have
Driving Licence of NJ then show your passport as Photo ID, as some of the people were doing it today) This is the only place you will
be showing your photoid after this you will not be showing anywhere.

We are allowed inside room number 135 where we are in the line again(here it took 30 minitues to us).Here she took EAD,
Passports and approval notices, Photos( Children under 14 does not require any photos), put in the cover then gave me token
with the cover and asked us to go to 10th floor room number 1022.

Here we waited for around 1 hour 30 minitues (heavy crowd) then when she called me my number we all went together and got
stamped. She took finger prints on form(don\'t remember) and our signatures.
She told me that it takes 6 months to get my Card. The stamp shows that temporary evidence for Permanent residence valid
upto 9/17/2002, Autorized to Work( Check your A# correctly mentioned or not before leaving the counter).
We got our son\'s passport stamped. Next to 1022 room there is Social Security Office, I did not remove the clause in
my SSN as I was already late to my work. That\'s it folks.

Regarding me its 5 years in US Came here(JFK NY) in sep \'96 as a Visitor and transferred to H1(Never went to India so far
as I do not want to go for stamping at chennai consulate)and changed jobs went through lot of frustration in between,
but fortunatly never had any problem with INS so far. From 1st B2 to H1B to up to stamping never received quiries, no halt,
moved very smoothly.
It took 2 Years 4 months. Started in Jun 99 and labour cleared in Feb 99 I140 applied in Mar 2000 and approved on Jul 27th
RD Sep 19th 2000(Stamping on Sep 17th 2001, exact one year- 2 days).

Friends Thanks a lot for the information, guidence provided by each and everyone of you during this process,

I met couple of friends atMoghul, Spoke to Set_me_Free, Met doughboy today.
If any body is arranging one more meet at moghul or any where let me know.
Kiran

Cograts buddy its wonderful to hear about approval

Great news enjoy the freedom......I also think it is a good idea to meet again some where...........
Happy Hanuman

No Title

Hay Hanuman and Keerthna
Thanks.
I got AD is Aug 31st 2001, RD Sep 10th and Stamping done on Sep 17th.

If you need any more details let me know you got my mailid.

Kiran

Congratulations Kiran

Hi congratulations Kiran... I did not check the board recently due to the recent incidents.. Any way good luck with everything. Lets meet again some time. Hanuman and Sheffs how are u guys doing? Sheffs must be pretty close to his approval.

Hanuman did you receive your card by any chance?

See you soon guys..Bye for now

who was your lawyer?

I have seen very few cases where you get approval without a single query all the way from the F1, H1, B1/2 & GC. Lawyers plays a major role in your GC process and I think that most of the time no queries are because of good competent lawyers.
I just my observation...

Can I use courrtesy notice to get stamped in Newark?

Does any one know if it is necessary to use OFFICIAL notice to get stamped in Newark? Can I use the Courtesy copy instead? Thanks.