Stamping experience at Maimi.

sxpat

Registered Users (C)
My 485 got approved on Dec 21,2004 and I got the approval papers by mail from my lawyer.
So I took the infopass appointment for me, my wife and my daughter (5 year old) at Miami district office at 7-30, 7-45 and 8-00 AM respectively for Jan 4,2005.
We reached the USCIS office at the intersection of Biscayne blvd and NW 79 th street at about 7-20 and we were asked to go to the back of the building.
The guard let us all three of us in. We then went into a room where there were about 40/50 people waiting and we were asked to place our I-797 forms in a tray. They collected our 797 and after sometime they called us to finger print , took our pictures and were asked to wait.
They called one by one all the people Fped , they took away EADs, I-94 and stamped our passports with I-551 and were done. We entered at about 7-30 and were out by 9-00AM.
There were posts that said they would not let in people 30 mins before scheduled appointment time but in our case they did.

485 RD/ND : Oct30,2002
FP : Oct 05,2004
RFE: Nov11,2004 (regarding legal status for self and spouse)
RFE Ack recd at TSC : Dec 15,2004
AD : Dec 21,2004
PP Stamped : Jan 4 , 2005

They took the pictures

They took the pictures using their camera which is one like the one we see at DMV. I carried passport pictures but they were not used.

Did you need to get three appointments or would one have been enough? I have taken 2 for myself and my wife but did not take any for my kids. Do you think that I need to get separate ones for the kids?

What other documents were required?

I have an appointment at the Miami office for next week.

Yes , I took three appointments each 15 minutes apart.
I dont know if they will not allow your kid if you dont have an appointment.