Stamping Experience at Arlington, Virginia on 08/21/00

Murthy Mantha

Registered Users (C)
We (Me & Spouse) reached the INS office at 6.50 am, there were about 100(approx) before us. We entered inside at 7.35 and received the token at 8.45am, and our number called at 11.00am asked to submit I-94, 2 pictures and asked to show EAD cards. Actual stamping took only 3 minutes including finger prints. We are out of INS office by 11.15am.

Told that we will receive the actual cards by mail within One year.

Anyhow, I am a free bird now.

No Title

Please advice.

I and my wife are also to go to Arlington to get our stamping done. Could you please tell me if they ask for EAD card just for Identification ? Because my wife\'s first EAD expired and we have applied but not received her second EAD card. But she continues to work since she has an H1 visa (though the H1 is not stamped on her passport) and never relied on her EAD. What should we say if asked for her EAD card ??

Thanks.

No Title

They just asked us to show the EAD cards just for identification purpose(I think), they just verified and returned EAD\'s back to us.

In your case, if they ask for your wife\'s EAD just show them the expired EAD and tell them you applied for new one but never received. You don\'t have to worry as she have a valid H1.

There is nothing to worry, all the process takes couple of minutes once you goto the counter.

All the Best. Good Luck.