- ND 10\1\98
- EB 1.3
- PD 5\26\98
- RD 5\26\98
- FP 6\28\99
Approved on 7\12\00
Stamped on 7\26\00

Stamping Experience:
Reached just before 8AM at the Newark, NJ centre. There was front in the front of the building under a sign which said Immigration. Without thinking much got into that line. But guess what that was restlessness prevailed. I got upto an officer and showed him my 485 approval and he told me to go around the building and goto a side gate.

The folks at the side gate let us in promptly after looking at the 485 form. Did the security check and then let us in to join a line. The line was short and I thought that I was one of the first few people in as I was there at the specified time (8AM) and there were not many people infront of the line. (But I was wrong - continue reading). From the queue went to a counter where the lady asked for all the documents (485, I94, Passport, 2Photos, EAD cards), took the finger prints and gave a token number. Took the token number and went to room 135. There were about 50 people already in that room. Things in the room were going pretty much in the order of counter number. Some folks were being asked for documents outhere & finger prints were being taken over here. (I guess the lady outside may not have been there when they came in).

My turn came in about half an hour and we were out of there in about an hour. Pretty cool ...

Some tips:
- Ask if the queue you are standing is correct from an officer.
- You may try and go before 8AM.
- You may want to take the original 485 and not the courtesy copy. Although I didn;t notice anybody being stopped b\'cos of that but my lawyer specially called me for that.

Let me know if you guys out there need any more help. Would like to help as much as I can.

Best of luck to all the guys waiting.

Cheers ...

No Title

Solo,
Can you specify which line you stood in front of the INS ? Was it front of the building, back or the side?