Stamping denied

Oct'02

Registered Users (C)
My address when I filed my case was in GA. I moved later on to Philadelphia but didn't update address as advised by my attorney as it may involve transfer of case and all the pain accompanied with it. I have my frineds at the old address who can are taking care of all my mail from INS.

At the time of FP I went to Philly ASC where they didn't mind my address being a GA one. I have had an appointment today at INS office in Philadelphia (infopass) but the officer didin't do the stamping and asked me to go to Atlanta as that is what my official address is.

Now,

My attorney says I can take another appointment and try my luck if another officer happens to take it up.

My employer says it may turn out ugly if it happens to go to the same officer, just fly to Atlanta and get done with it, I can change the address later after I get the plastic card.

What do you guys say?

Passport stamping

Yes get the stamping done in Atlanta, and present your passport as identification if you have a PA driving license.
Quite a few INS offices do not do out of state stampings while others do.
Best of luck!

I would go to Philly officer another day. Tell him that you have moved out of Atlanta.
Tell him that You did change the address but was not updated by USCIS. It is USCIS mistake to send approval notice to old address.

I wouldn't advise that Tammy

Does he have the proof that he really asked or wrote USCIS to change the address?
He might get in a soup.

The law states
1) Have to inform DOJ within 10 days of moving
2) INS site says you should call/write within the stipulated time frame for an address change.

Rather just get an appointment and fly down on that day. Present your passport as identification. (DO not show your ID).

Also fill up an AR-11 ASAP and send it to DOJ. You are required to do that within 10 days of a move. Send it by certified mail.

You have to be careful there. For example, in Chicago district office, they require you to show some state identification in addition to Passport/EAD cards.

May be, you should try the second term if you have a proof that You did notify USCIS about the address change (I always used Fedex/UPS ..to send AR-11 and kept a copy)

Some of you are really not judging things properly.

Just like my coworker. When my company asked us to pay for the GC, and reinburse it later, she refused to do it. Well, that's a $5000 decision, and I made the decision even it were $20,000, i would go for it. Well, 3 years later, I got the GC with about $4000, and now I have a big levege to ask for more salary and my money back.

What I am trying to say is that do not risk anything and just get this @#$!@#$ing done right.

So what you have to buy an airline ticket for $1500 to go to Atlanta? Does it cost less if they reject your GC?

Don't try to play tricks with Homeland Security, and get your things done right.

chinabee , this is not about money. All we are saying that he can also face a challange at Atlanta office if he no longer leaves in GA and does not a State identification.

Don't think this is correct.

MydreamUSA. said:
You have to be careful there. For example, in Chicago district office, they require you to show some state identification in addition to Passport/EAD cards.

May be, you should try the second term if you have a proof that You did notify USCIS about the address change (I always used Fedex/UPS ..to send AR-11 and kept a copy)

ND-July2002 said:
Does he have the proof that he really asked or wrote USCIS to change the address?
He might get in a soup.

The law states
1) Have to inform DOJ within 10 days of moving
2) INS site says you should call/write within the stipulated time frame for an address change.

Rather just get an appointment and fly down on that day. Present your passport as identification. (DO not show your ID).

Also fill up an AR-11 ASAP and send it to DOJ. You are required to do that within 10 days of a move. Send it by certified mail.
You are talking about filing AR-11 here. That is not related to to this one. I do not think they will ask the proof of that here. Moreover address entry in their system backlogged.

This about the just about stamping. Just go that office again and do it. There are so many people on this forum who have gone to different offices other then one mentioned on the notice for stamping.

Stamping

Thanks for all your responses. I went to Atlanta office on 17 tha and got the stamping done. No questions were asked, it took hardly couple of mins at the counter.

The officer told me I would get my plastic card in 6 months - 1 year. I have seen people saying they have received it in less than a month?

Thanks.