Stamping at SF...ADIT photos not acceptable

wac-02-149

Registered Users (C)
We went for our passport stamping today at SFO.... everything went smooth except that they don't accept ADIT style photos anymore....:( As of August 2 only passport style photos are acceptable. So I had to go across the street to get my passport style photos and come back to the same counter to get the stamping done.

So remember no more ADIT style pictures. Good Luck to everyone.

WAC# : wac-02-149-xxxxx
ND : 04/01/2002
2nd FP : Jan'04
1st RFE for primary: EVL, W2's (3 yrs), Income Tax Returns (3 yrs), Salary Stubs
RFE issue date : 06/22/04
RFE responded date : 07/07/04
RFE received by USCIS : 07/19/04
2nd RFE generated for son : 07/27/04 still waiting for RFE??
I-485 Stamped : 08/03/04 :)

Fronview Immigration Photograph in Effect Today

USCIS announced today that effective today the USCIS took the frontview photos, but sideview photos will also be accepted before September 1, 2004. Beginning from September 1, 2004, the USCIS will not accept the sideview photos.

they are so random

I also stamped in SJC on 8/2...They accepted the ADITs...no questions...

they are so random...

Another example of different officers not knowing s**t.

I don't know if it's just laziness - i.e., they post a notice in the break room and nobody bothers to read it, or a poor information system, meaning the information never gets to the officers in the first place - so they just make up whatever they feel like on a given day.

On the day I stamped, two others in this forum stamped at SF, and we were told that our GCs would take, respectively, 2, 5 and 10 months!

we got stamps on Monday, Aug 2 with ADIT photos. no problems and were clearly told that cards will follow in 40-to-60 days from today.

wac-02-149,
Really appreciate your update, I plan go there early next week, then I will bring 2 sets of the photos, just in case.

depends on the officer...

I believe it all depends on which officer is stamping the passport.. even my lawyer told me that the ADIT style pictures are still acceptable but the officer who was stamping our passport specifically told us that ... as of Aug 2 only Passport style photos are acceptable.

Infact she told others also and they had to go and get the new photos.... anyways its just an advice to avoid the hassel of running at the end moment.

wac-02-149 said:
We went for our passport stamping today at SFO.... everything went smooth except that they don't accept ADIT style photos anymore....:( As of August 2 only passport style photos are acceptable. So I had to go across the street to get my passport style photos and come back to the same counter to get the stamping done.

1st RFE for primary: EVL, W2's (3 yrs), Income Tax Returns (3 yrs), Salary Stubs

wac-02-149,

Can you fill in more details if possible ? WRT SFO office, for instance Do they give an appointment ?, what is the good time to go ? and any thing else that you noticed and find it worth sharing ...

we areplanning to to go in next week and would very appreciate ..., specially when we have to take our 4 month old baby with us ...

Advance Thanks,
-CoolRaj

based on the USCIS website adit photos are acceptable till sep1st
print the flyer on uscis.gov and slap it on their face

CoolRaj_03 said:
wac-02-149,

Can you fill in more details if possible ? WRT SFO office, for instance Do they give an appointment ?, what is the good time to go ? and any thing else that you noticed and find it worth sharing ...

we areplanning to to go in next week and would very appreciate ..., specially when we have to take our 4 month old baby with us ...

Advance Thanks,
-CoolRaj
One of my friends (who also has an infant) - they did stamping separately. (this was SJC).
That way someone stayed home with the kid while the other spouse did their stamping.

Just to give you an option -- its not mandatory for both parties to get stamped on the same date ... doesn't even have to be in any order ( primary/derivative ).

Better than waiting from 5 AM or whatever with a kid ! :)

Of course, there are some lawyers who know the appointment thru AILA process -- but most of them don't know this - that's bad.

Hi WAC-02-149,
I plan to get my pp stamed at SFO shortly. Could you please help me with the following:

+ Do I need appointment ?
+ Can I go with courtsey copy of I485, or do I need the original from my lawyer ?
+ What time should I be there ? I heard people queue up at 5 am ?
+ I did not get my EAD/AP yet, would they ask for it ?

Too many questions I guess, I appreciate your help.

-cd

wac-02-149 said:

Stamping at SFO....some tips

We got our stamping done at SFO and except for the pp style photos everything was smooth.... here are some tips:

-For photos its better to keep both style photos just in case you face different officers, as they've different understanding and that's not the time you want to argue with them for anything whatsoever... :) stay cool and you will be done in no time
-No need to take appointment, just try to be there around 6:15 and you'll get the number and will be free by 8 - 8:30
-We took courtesy copy and the officer did not ask about the original one
-If you do not have your EAD's / AP's yet... just carry the Receipt notice for those.. not much clue about this one though :(

-Most importantly arrange all your documents in order... Approval notice, AP's, EAD's, Photos, I-94, Passport.... it will speed up the process.

It's correct....you and your spouse can plan go on different days especially if you've a small baby.

Me and my spouse got our stamping done on the same day.... they still issue 2 token numbers but we went together and she did for both of us. The only thing was that I had to go out for pp style photos across the street... and she gave me fast pass so I didn't have to be in the line again and she asked me to come back to the same counter straight.

I'm still waiting for my son's approval as there was an RFE generated for a birth certificate ... and will be visiting SFO again to get his stamping done.

Good Luck.

Thanks a lot WAC-02-149, this is really helpful.

-cd

wac-02-149 said:
We got our stamping done at SFO and except for the pp style photos everything was smooth.... here are some tips:

-For photos its better to keep both style photos just in case you face different officers, as they've different understanding and that's not the time you want to argue with them for anything whatsoever... :) stay cool and you will be done in no time
-No need to take appointment, just try to be there around 6:15 and you'll get the number and will be free by 8 - 8:30
-We took courtesy copy and the officer did not ask about the original one
-If you do not have your EAD's / AP's yet... just carry the Receipt notice for those.. not much clue about this one though :(

-Most importantly arrange all your documents in order... Approval notice, AP's, EAD's, Photos, I-94, Passport.... it will speed up the process.

It's correct....you and your spouse can plan go on different days especially if you've a small baby.

Me and my spouse got our stamping done on the same day.... they still issue 2 token numbers but we went together and she did for both of us. The only thing was that I had to go out for pp style photos across the street... and she gave me fast pass so I didn't have to be in the line again and she asked me to come back to the same counter straight.

I'm still waiting for my son's approval as there was an RFE generated for a birth certificate ... and will be visiting SFO again to get his stamping done.

Good Luck.