Stamping at Santa Ana....

codex

Registered Users (C)
My approval notice asks me to go to los angeles to get my passport stamp... Can I get it stamped at Santa Ana?

vitaly_m said:
You can't go to Santa Ana office without InfoPAss.
Based on the zip code, it gives me an appointment at Santa Ana. Do I need to take seperate appointments for my wife, kid and me or one appt. is enough?
Thanks

Codex,

My friend is in same situation as bumblebee, can you please tell me how did u schedule and appt for LA, when my friend entered his home zip code, infopass schedules him for Santa Ana, but I have seen postings that says that Santa Ana does no ADIT processing. Please share your experience

Codex, kingAnil007, or anybody...

I do need the same info. Should I go ahead and make an appointment at Santa Ana and prepare FRONTVIEW photo(starting from 8/1/04)?

Thank you.

Arz

when I entered my zip, infopass came up as santa ana . But after checking with USCIS I was told to go to LA and for appt you need to put LA zip not your home zip ?!?. That worked and got an appt. at LA and got the stamping done. The forum has posts on whether or not to get Adit stamping at Santa Ana. But I think it is better to go to LA until u see a real exp from a person who got stamping at Santa ana, oh and dont forget the LA Zip code instead of your Home Zipcode, just my 2 cents

Arz said:
Codex,

My friend is in same situation as bumblebee, can you please tell me how did u schedule and appt for LA, when my friend entered his home zip code, infopass schedules him for Santa Ana, but I have seen postings that says that Santa Ana does no ADIT processing. Please share your experience

Thank you, Titan01:

You are right. It would be safe to make an appointment at where it says on the paper. I took a 6:30 appointment at LA. I sure will beat the traffic. :)

Thank you Titan01:

My friend discussed with INS Cust rep whose response was:

1. Since the I-485 approval states to visit LA office for stamping, it is better to go there.
2. Change the zipcode to LA zip code to schedule a LA appt. He was originally scheduled to Santa Ana office thru infopass
3. It appears that Santa Ana office does no ADIT processing

He has scheduled an appointment for LA by changing the zipcode.

Arz said:
Thank you Titan01:

My friend discussed with INS Cust rep whose response was:

1. Since the I-485 approval states to visit LA office for stamping, it is better to go there.
2. Change the zipcode to LA zip code to schedule a LA appt. He was originally scheduled to Santa Ana office thru infopass
3. It appears that Santa Ana office does no ADIT processing

He has scheduled an appointment for LA by changing the zipcode.
I did stampping in Santa Ana though the approval notice said to go to LA. I did not face any problem. That time, there were at least 3 other than me who had come for stampping.

So... this thread proves that the district offices don't know what they are doing each other. Why am I not surprised?
:D

Other aspect to consider

The other aspect to consider is what kind of time frame does Santa Ana take to deliver the card from the day of stamping. What I grasped from the other posts are San Jose, San Francisco, LA takes 4-6 weeks.

If some body with Santa Ana can post that info. it might be good for others.

i spoke with a friend of mine, He had his interview done at Santa Ana and after approval notices were mailed to him 2 days after his interview he got his stamping done at Santa Ana. and got his plastic cards in 3 weeks. I guess so everything in Santa Ana works .

Regarding ADIT picture issue. We need to take the frontal picture- not the funky/side picture for Santa Ana?
Thanks

485 Stamping in Santa Ana

Hi
1) Can any one tell me what all the documents do i need for stamping?
2) What kind of photo(front view or side view) do we need for stamping(20th of August) at LA office?
3)How long dies it take to get the actual card after stamping?

Thanks!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stamped @Santa Ana

Got it stamped today @Santa Ana- stamping in itself was easy – no questions- give PP and 2 photos. Was called back after bout 25/30 mins. to collect stamped Passport. Nobody asked EAD or AP.
I just did a job and address change from different center – no questions about any of that.
Finding the place is the problem- #34 is a building not a street Address- you reach the complex it is a maze of about 50 buildings – finding #34 can take a while. There are some directories/maps along walkways- somewhat helpful not much. The building is called the old Federal Building (there is another new Federal Building) and it is on Santa Ana St.
I had a camera phone – you can’t take it inside or even leave it at security. Had to go back to my far away parked car – to put it back.
I had a 7:30 appointment but eventually reached inside 7:50 – came out 8:50.
All in all I am done. Thanks all and best of luck.