Stamped at Boston today...

BritGC

Registered Users (C)
We got there at 6:15 am - there were already 30 people or so waiting, and by the time the doors opened at 7am I guess the total was over 150. A typical Friday at Boston USCIS. :)

We cleared security and got a ticket at 7:20 am and were stamped and done by 8:20 am, even though there were 10 cases before us. Boston staff were efficient, polite and cheerful. Why do I have to wait until the end before I finally meet nice immigration officials? :)

We used the courtesy copies of our notice, as our lawyer hadn't gotten the 'real' notices by Thursday afternoon. The lady who stamped us asked us for our EADs and AP, too, so a good thing I remembered to bring them with us!

So for those of you waiting - hang in there, you'll get approved soon enough. It's worth the wait!

RD/ND April 2002
FP1 June 2002
FP2 November 2003
RFE for 2 yrs tax, w2, letter 03/04/04
RFE reply received by USCIS 03/12/04
AD 03/26/04
Stamped 04/02/04

BritGC
Do you have to take picture with you or they took it on site? Also do you know whether passport stamping could be done on Saturdays. Thanks.

M

Originally posted by MrMr
BritGC
Do you have to take picture with you or they took it on site? Also do you know whether passport stamping could be done on Saturdays. Thanks.

M

We brought 2 pictures each, but you can have them taken on site for $10 per person.

They're not open on Saturdays - Mon - Fri only, 7am to 2pm(?), but they stop letting people in before then, and they're closed every 3rd Friday of the month.

they didn't ask EAD

Hi BritGC,

Congrats. Last week I too went for my stamping. I went there
around 11:30 , got the ticket at 12:00 and got it stamped by 2:00 PM. But they didn't ask for my EAD. I just gave my passport,
I-94, I-485 approval notice and two photographs. (I didn't show
my EAD and AP though I had it with me). But it is always better
to have them ready.

Sekar

Can we use courtesy approval notice for passport stamping ? It is mentioned in the courtesy copy that it cannot be substituted for the original notice. Please advise.