stamp or wait

ganen05

Registered Users (C)
we got our I485 approved last week, and the notice said we'll get another notice if required biometrics, it also said don't take any action now...

lots of people here talk about passport stamp, should we or can we get stamp before get further notice and HOW????? :confused:

Thanks!

My approval notice also advised me not to take any action, but I did go for stamping at Hartford,CT. I took the standared documents like the approval notice, infopass appt. notice, my passport, old AP, EAD and photos.

During the stamping the officer looked at my approval notice and only stamped my passport, without taking fingerprints or photo. When I asked him why he did not take my prints, he said, as the approval notice says, you should get biometrics notice and thet will initiate your card ordering.

This I think was the right thing, as I got the stamp as temporary proof, but also I did not initiate the card ordering option.

ganen :

I got my i-485 approval about 3 weeks ago. Had same as yours on the ntice, then got biometrics notice 10 days later. Got biometrics done last week.

Spoke to my attorney... she told me that the USCIS is making green cards faster these days and I should have it no more than 30 days after Biometrics.. therefore getting the stamp is unnecessary unless I want to travel before the 30 days.

what is biometrics?
I did FP at 4/25/05, I remember that was code 3, but I couldn't remember whether I gave a signiture or not?

thanks all

biometrics, as i understand it, is when you get your index finger printed, your photo taken, and your signature. it's what they use to make your actual green card.

Hi Ganen05..
I also got the similar notice, so i am waiting for biometric notice(i did'nt go for PP stamping)...My attorney advised me to wait for biometric notice, unless i want to leave the country....

So i am waiting just for biometric notice as i don't see any point of PP stamping at this stage...

ok, so thats 3 of us. is there anyone out there who got Biometrics done, didn't get a passprt stamp, and got their green card??

If so, what was the timeline like between I485 approval and having the card in your hand?

by the way, michigan summers are great!!!!!!

I also got the similar notice. I work in detroit so went and checked at local office about stamping. They told me they have stopped stamping passport. So I guess not other option except to wait for Biometics notice.

I'm also waiting for the biometrics notice. I did get my PP stamped because I'm going to have to travel very soon for business and I doubt that my card will be here by then. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered going to the ASC for stamping being that it is a 3 hr drive each way from where I live.

Last edited by a moderator:
A question to all you guys
What Happens if your Driver License is about to expire and If you do not get stamped? and lets think that EAD is also about to expire. Does the approval notice will help? if so how many years are we going to get?

That's a good question, plastic. My licence doesn't expire for over a year so I'm likely OK on that. At least I hope the card will arrive by then!

My EAD expires in a month or two, but apparently the I-485 approval notice is sufficient to keep me legally employed .. I could be wrong... anyone?

my driver Licence will expire in 2008 and my EAD is to 2/2006, BUT I don't think those are problem. I did extend my Driver Licence two years ago, they didn't need anything about your status, even that is required, the I485 approval notice is enough.

I have a friend, he applied for renew EAD while he was waiting for GC, he was told that since his I485 got approved, no EAD needed anymore.

please correct me if I am wrong.

good luck to all of us