Stamp I-551 in your passport

Sunrise

Registered Users (C)
I have one question - After the interview everyone is getting a stamp in the passport (so we can travel, work etc). My passport has been expired and the Embassy doesn't change the passport here (when you have AOS status). I'm getting my permission to travel and I'm going to exchange my passport there. I have no problem with that, but what about INS ? Would the put a stamp in my expired passport ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thank you very much !!! :)

Sunrise said:
I have one question - After the interview everyone is getting a stamp in the passport (so we can travel, work etc). My passport has been expired and the Embassy doesn't change the passport here (when you have AOS status). I'm getting my permission to travel and I'm going to exchange my passport there. I have no problem with that, but what about INS ? Would the put a stamp in my expired passport ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thank you very much !!! :)
No. They will not.

By the way which country are you from?

cal_aos_waiting,

Yes, I got my stamp !!! :) I was very surprised ! My interview was on June 14th and I already received my plastic card last week !

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glade that you aware of this fact. My place of birth is USSR.

Let's close this topic.

Sunrise said:
cal_aos_waiting,

Yes, I got my stamp !!! :) I was very surprised ! My interview was on June 14th and I already received my plastic card last week !

Could you be so pleased and tell us how it was. I have the same problem with my passport and wondering is this serious issue or I can go to local office without concerns

Thanks in advance,
Alex Odinaev