Ssn

fstrdeb749

Registered Users (C)
Good Afternoon everyone..Just a quick question.How do i go about applying for my SSN.I have filed everything thru DORA ..interview and filed.. 130...485...have had my FP done and am at the waiting stage.Now as it is tax season how do i apply for SSN while i am waiting for the name check etc to finish..No doubt this has a simple answer but was looking at many sites and got slightly confused on how and when and where to apply for this.I know its most likely info that comes in the Welcome package but since my husband (USC) would like to file his taxes i was wondering if i can apply for this now..Thanks in advance and good luck to all still going thru the process..And patience to all of us at the sitting and waiting stage....

fstrdeb749 said:
Now as it is tax season how do i apply for SSN while i am waiting for the name check etc to finish.

If you have an EAD, go to your local SSA office and apply. If you do not have work authorization, SSA will not issue you one so your spouse will need file apply for an ITIN by filing a W-7 with your tax return.