SSN without restriction while on EAD

Have Fun

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
      My spouse who was on H4 got her EAD and went for SSN. Today she received SSN but without the restriction(which usually say - Valid with INS authorization only). Does she worry about anything ? Is it illegal to have a card like this ? Should she inform SSA ?

Appreciate your responses.

No Title

Man She is lucky !!!!!!
Enjoy the freedom Now she can work anywhere... i wish I get it which SS office was it

No Title

This means she can work without restriction - check it up in the dictionary - it means no one is going to restrict where, when, how and why she works.

No Title

Hello,

This is normal and even if she has restriction, she can have it removed by telling the SS office the EAD card authorizes a person to work. They will reissue another card without the restriction.

Bhanu

No Title

does that mean once you get an EAD you can get your SSN changed to no restriction and then you never have to renew your EAD? or do you still need EAD with no restriction SSN?

No Title

My spouse was on H4 too and after EAD got SSN but it carries the statement"Valid For Work Only with INS Authorization" - what exactly does that mean? Is the EAD card a valid form of authorization to work anywhere/any job that you prefer ?

No Title

The definition of an EAD is for employment authorization. For a spouse there is no restriction - he/she can work anywhere. The only restriction is for the primary I485 applicant - The primary I485 applicant can work only in related field. The primary applicant can also have multiple jobs - for eg you can work 40hr a week with your employer and still do some private consulting - This is what my lawyer told me.

No Title

That is really interesting question and I would like to have input for this.If you see I-9 then Driver License(from List B) and SSN without the restriction(from List C) is sufficient to establish your identity and employment eligibility. So, as per I-9, you don\'t need to renew your EAD if your SSN is without any restriction. It is not that I will recommend this option but it looks to me that there is nothing wrong even if you don\'t renew your EAD after getting such a SSN card.

Appreciate the feedback from all of you.

No Title

You need to have Soc# to have no restriction so that employer is not scared of hiring you because they have to have a copy of Soc# or atleast present it to them. EAD validity is important and is irrelevant of SSN restriction. Technically if the employer doesn\'t care if SSN has restriction then you just use your EAD and start working. EAD has all the bearing on employment eligibility. In other words, irrespective of restions on SSN, you HAVE to have a valid EAD and RENEW EAD if its going to expire or else you cannot work.

Hope this helps
Bhanu

No Title

The primary applicant in a second job can work in any area (but the first Job, you have on the payrolls either as full time or part-time but paid at a market rate) as per my lawyer. I think this is another grey area for EAD. But you are right for the dependent applicant that they can work in any field.