SSN Verification Delay

dan19

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My wife changed her visa from H4 to H1 Oct 1st 2005 onwards.
She applied for the Social Security Number the first week of October itself.
Almost a month as passed now!!

She needs it urgently to undergo a background check for a new job.
Everytime we visit the SSN office, they give a reply that they are awaiting the results of a verification from USCIS.

Has anyone who applied for SSN during October got it?
How long does it take?
Is there any way to speed-up the process? Like, we calling the USCIS directly ...

I would greatly appreciate your comments.

Thanks in Advance.

I applied for SSN at Nov. 8....the officer said to go back next day if is urgent( she really likes me) in 24 hour is available the number. I went back at Nov. 9, they gave me a receipt with the SSN on it...they also said my card should arrive in about 2 weeks.

The officer was surprised of my request, asking me who said to come back? But it was true, the first officer asked in advance for the number.

Maybe it helps. I am waiting for the card.

SSN problem

hi
I came to US on H4 and recently got h1 approval.
I have applied for SSN here but they are saying they need to verify with
the immigration office reg the status as it is still showing the H4 status.
But it is already 1 month, still they are repeating the same words.
Is it really necessary to wait until the immigration people update the I-94
with new status(h1)?Is there anything we need to do?
please help me in this issue.

Ssn Verification

Hi there a newbie to this forum, although i have lurked through the past couple of month/s. I have read a quite of bit of useful insights and information that many have benefiitted from on this sight. Let me share a little about me. I am Canadian married to us citizen, and filed paperwork in august, and have recieved the EAD, and AP to date. After i received the EAD i went and applied for the SSN, back on Nov 2 and have yet to receive the number/card. Has anyone else been thruough similiar experiences in regard to waiting for DHS verification. TYVM in advance for any feedback and/or possible help.

canam

Same case here

Hi All
Thanks for help in advance

I applied for my SSn in December end and am still waiting. I have visited the SSA office couple of time and their system says that my ssn application is still in process. Could you please advice what specific questions may ask them to expedite the case or if there is something I can do proactivelly rather than just wasiting for SSN as it generally takes 3 weeks but it is already 12 weeks for me.
Any help or posts is appreciated.

thanks