SSN plus TN Status

oad

Hello every body / @ Nelsona

I am Canadian citizen. I am going to USA on TN status 2nd time. I have already SSN when I went to USA for 1st time on TN status.

My question is that:

Should I apply new SSN again after entering 2nd time ? Or will the same SSN work for me for 2nd time?

Best Regards

No. SSN (the number) stays with you for life. And there would be no reason to replace your Social Security card unless you lost it.

Should I apply for an SSN when my wife and kids come to the USA on TD for the first time? I heard that spouse and Kids can not apply SSN on TD. Is it true?

Ok....how can I put my kids in School without SSN? How can I file the tax online without an SSN?
SSN is not required to attend school or file tax returns. Anyone who doesn't have an SSN, and isn't eligible for an SSN, and wants to file a US tax return files with an ITIN (applying for an ITIN together with the tax return if they do not already have an ITIN).

SSN is not required to attend school or file tax returns. Anyone who doesn't have an SSN, and isn't eligible for an SSN, and wants to file a US tax return files with an ITIN (applying for an ITIN together with the tax return if they do not already have an ITIN).
Ok i got my TN status at Calgary airport. Will my family pass the same process at calgary airpprt what i did. If yes then what kind of papers I need to give them to show officer to get their TD status. In TD status , will they get stamp on passport and I 94 like me. Can u please more for TD. Actually my family ll join me in the USA in July.

If they are Canadian citizens, they do not need visas, and just need to go to the airport with their Canadian passport a copy of your TN I-94, and seek to be admitted into TD status.

If they are not Canadian citizens, they will need to go to a US consulate to apply for TD visas.