SSN "only valid with DHS authorization"

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicaa

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure someone has answered this question before, so I'm sorry, if I'm asking it again, but I was wondering if someone can tell me what the easiest way is to get the restriction removed from my SSN. I'm a greencard holder.

You remove it by going to the Social Security Administration's office with your green and SS cards. It is very easy and you receive an unrestricted card in about a week.

Goodluck!

i did that last week...just as yemroy said.... fill up ss-5 and got and tell them that you're GC holder now... and i received it back in 6 days

One of the most rewarding experiences post-green card (the switch over). Had the dreaded words on my SSC (always typed in bold scary capital letters of course) during my years as an F-1 student and it sucked big time. Make sure you take care of your new card, sweet brother, I was shocked to discover that SSA only issues a certain limited number of replacement cards over your lifetime and once you exhaust those you're screwed.

Last edited by a moderator:
whats the limit do you know mombasa_guy? I might just wait until the change of my last name is officially.

You lost your SS card 5 times? How did that happen? You're not supposed to carry it around with you. Keep it in a safe place.

You lost your SS card 5 times? How did that happen? You're not supposed to carry it around with you. Keep it in a safe place.

Time 1: Smoking LOADS OF GANJA in a cheap motel with 3 Caucasian blonde hookers in the wrong part of Daytona during spring break 1997. Woke up to find wallet, bag and valuables all GONE. Is funny now but was not back then.
Time 2: 2001. Mathematics PhD Roommate from India was absent-minded, would cook and leave stove on & similiar deeds. Came back to find he had left the apartment with the bathrub running all day, basement flooded 4 ft. Lost a lot of documents that day.
Time 3: Pick-pocketed on a crowded stinky bus in Sao Paolo in 2003. Thank KRISHNA I had left the passport home that day.
Time 4: Summer 2009. Luggage (suitcase) lost aboard Emirates air on the way home. As far as I know they are still searching for it.
Time 5: Last year. Crazy & stupid (sometimes) wife I am currently married to caught me cheating and burnt my clothes, wallet still inside.
You are right, need to leave that joker out of my wallet more often.

Time 1: Smoking LOADS OF GANJA in a cheap motel with 3 Caucasian blonde hookers in the wrong part of Daytona during spring break 1997. Woke up to find wallet, bag and valuables all GONE. Is funny now but was not back then.
Time 2: 2001. Mathematics PhD Roommate from India was absent-minded, would cook and leave stove on & similiar deeds. Came back to find he had left the apartment with the bathrub running all day, basement flooded 4 ft. Lost a lot of documents that day.
Time 3: Pick-pocketed on a crowded stinky bus in Sao Paolo in 2003. Thank KRISHNA I had left the passport home that day.
Time 4: Summer 2009. Luggage (suitcase) lost aboard Emirates air on the way home. As far as I know they are still searching for it.
Time 5: Last year. Crazy & stupid (sometimes) wife I am currently married to caught me cheating and burnt my clothes, wallet still inside.

Sounds like you're living it up.

Wow!

I don't believe this horse s#@t for a minute. This is nothing more than bragging to portray yourself as a wild party animal with girls and drugs. Nice fantasy!!!!. Even we were to believe you for a split second, the joke is on your wife who is still married to you.

I'm with you on this one vegas. I think Mombasa-guy is just expressing his fantacies...
Sounds like Elvis to me!!!
People from Mombasa have a reputation of streaching the truth from time to time...

"Wacha vako zako" LOL!!!

@ Man Alive & Vegas, what type of crappy lives and in what decrepit part of your local no name town are you living in this here land of opportunity dearest sweet brothers? If you are impressed by only this and believe riding a stinking bus in Sao Paolo (do you even know where sao paolo is?) or smoking reefer with a few ladies of the night during college is a huge achievement that requires "stretching of the truth" then that makes me wonder what type of hopeless mediocre a life you must both be living, how broke you are and how ugly your faces must be not to be able to attract a few hot women :). Please redeem yourselves and your esteemed reputations before further embarassment here... Thanks!

@ Man Alive & Vegas, what type of crappy lives and in what decrepit part of your local no name town are you living in this here land of opportunity dearest sweet brothers? If you are impressed by only this and believe riding a stinking bus in Sao Paolo (do you even know where sao paolo is?) or smoking reefer with a few ladies of the night during college is a huge achievement that requires "stretching of the truth" then that makes me wonder what type of hopeless mediocre a life you must both be living, how broke you are and how ugly your faces must be not to be able to attract a few hot women :). Please redeem yourselves and your esteemed reputations before further embarassment here... Thanks!

I don't need to redeem myself by making up fantasies on an internet forum, dude. I would rather share my stories with my real life friends and you have no idea what kind of stories I have living in Vegas all these years. Its funny how people think they can remain anonymous online and tell whatever make belief thinking they can fool people. If your definition of attracting a few hot women is " caucasian blonde hookers" then party on pathetic loser.

heh heh heh Vegas, you seem angered by life, gnashing teeth furiously in misery, cheek twisted in rage as you type away at your keyboard. I saw you spitting vitriol on some other threads too. Me sense Mombasa_guy is not the issue here but a case of misplaced anger and frustration here no? How is your GC application if any coming along sweet brother? :) Why so bitter with very petty things?

As a black person myself, I can perfectly understand why some posters would take offense at the statement "Smoking LOADS OF GANJA in a cheap motel with 3 Caucasian blonde hookers". If you cannot understand that, you are very clueless. Some of the comments on your posts were unnecessary however your vitriolic lash out are crude, rude, and improper.

All except #2 could have been avoided if you followed the instructions given by Social Security (from the same page you linked above):
ssa.gov said:
You should keep your Social Security card in a safe place with your other important papers. Do not carry it with you unless you need to show it to an employer or service provider.

Sweet brother,
All is fun till someone gets hurt but Uncle Sam thinks its hilarious, if its an immigrant like you .. I am not stepping on your toes .. but can you imagine how easy it is to track you .. with the redundant information you give out in these forums.
A guy from mombassa filing I 751 in mar 2011 in vermont center. who has been living in USA atleast since 1997 who flew emirates in summer 2009, whose application doesnt have a copy of ssn.and a simple search of your IP address will give your approximate location .
Why would uncle sam do it ??
well ganja, hookers ?? I 485 application ??
cheating on US wife and I 751 ....
trying to procure a gun and asking questions in public forums ...

Please, my sweet brother you can smoke crack and do crack ..es cheat with men/women however you swing but do it in your own private space ..these kind of posts are easy to google and who gets the most effected honest immigrants .. and their ever suspecting US citizen spouses ..

My sweet brother if I were you i would be scared very scared because .. USCIS still doesnt believe in KY jelly ..

My sweet brother if I were you i would be scared very scared because .. USCIS still doesnt believe in KY jelly ..

Hahahahahaha, you made my day. Yep, USCIS definitely believes in raw and leave you bloody afterwards! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.