SSN on POE / Medical

Alren,

You seem to be a difficult cookie to convince. So, i decided to look up the list of universities for their admission requirements with regard to vaccinations etc.

And guess what? The first university I looked up in alphabetical order The University of Alabama has TB skin test compulsory for ALL students (American as well as International) in all fields (Engineering, Sports etc.) admitted to the university.

On further research i discovered that this particular university does NOT have a medical program.

The website address is
http://rshc.ua.edu/
click on medical history forms and go to page 2. You will see the notice in bold letters.

If i had more time on my hands I would have gone down the list from A to Z and i am sure I would have discovered many universities that require the TB Skin test.

P_L

Last edited by a moderator:
The TB skin test is also required for the second university that I checked The University of Alaska-Fairbanks.

P_L

Since this forum is for CPers I will not waste any more time on this discussion.

ac140madras said:
In my case the sealed envlope says "TO BE OPENED BY IMMIGRATION OR HEALTH OFFICER".Is this normal?

Thanks,

I hope you have read the thread right from the beginning. We are referring
to an extra packet other than the main visa packet that was given to the
candidate and addressed to 'Health Official'.

If you have received just 1 sealed envelope (for each attendee) then that is normal. On the other hand if you have received more than one envelopesthen
this thread should be of interest / relevant to you.

Raju

Pitambar_Lal said:
Alren,

You seem to be a difficult cookie to convince. So, i decided to look up the list of universities for their admission requirements with regard to vaccinations etc.

He P_L,

I'm just trying to convey that your statement :
"Students on F1 visa are required to have a TB skin test done (at least that was the case a decade ago when i was a student) "
is not accurate.

Irrespertive of how many Univs. we can look at, My personal experience (and of people known to me in various schools, fields, states in US) is that we did not go through the TB test while coming for F-1 (right from a decade and hal ago till now) and hence I believe it is not required for students on F-1 visa

Last edited by a moderator: