SSN / ITIN in EAD Application

Rajkumar_2001

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for EAD renewal for my Wife. While filing for her first EAD in the column for "Social Security Number" we entered her ITIN number. I am not sure if that is right.
Now she has an SSN number that she got based on EAD card. In the renewal I-765 application form, I am thinking of entering her SSN and may be in ink write ITIN number in parathesis. Will that be OK?

Is entering ITIN in the first application a mistake? If so, is there anything else that we need to do?

Guys, any advice, please.. Anybody in a similar situation?

Thank you for your response.

We have a similar situation. In 1st EAD my lawyer didn't enter any number in that column for my wife coz she had ITIN but not SSN.

I just sent EAD renewal and have entered SSN# for my wife because now she has one.

I don't think it matters because they know when you get SSN# and like you said writing ITIN in parenthesis isn't going to hurt. Moreover they are now more interested in your A# and SSN (a little) ITIN (not much).

Hope this helps.

K.

Rajkumar_2001
I am applying for EAD renewal for my Wife. While filing for her first EAD in the column for "Social Security Number" we entered her ITIN number. I am not sure if that is right.
Now she has an SSN number that she got based on EAD card. In the renewal I-765 application form, I am thinking of entering her SSN and may be in ink write ITIN number in parathesis. Will that be OK?

---- Write only SSN and A# , no need of ITIN now as she has SSN

Thank you guys for your response.
When filing for I-485, my attorney had a comment to put ITIN (if no SSN) in the G325a form. We followed it in other forms as well without thinking much. Now, when we file for renewal ourselves is when all these questions come up :)