SSN for California

PradK

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
  My wife recently cleared FPGEE and applying for Internship in California. But they need SSN to process the application as well as the for Live Scan Service. If any one has gone through this or have a solution please let us know.

Thanks in advance,
  kpra@hotmail.com

No Title

HI

I think your wife is on dependent visa.She will get SSN when she get a work permit or change her status to H1.i heard that safeway and riteaid are sponsoring H1 if anybody has FPGEE certification.

Jp

Thanks

JP,
       Thanks for your reply. You are correct, she is on H4. Now the problem is even if the Co. is willing to sponsor typically they ask for the Intern Permit for filing the petition. And, almost all states are asking for SSN in the application and for California Finger print Live Scan can not be done wihthout a SSN as well. And, we are still trying to get an answer from Boards on this.

Meanwhile, I was trying to see if any one has gone through similar situation, if so may have either heard from Board(s) already or have a different solution.

Thanks,
kpra@hotmail.com

No Title

Hi

I know one of my senior who did her internship in MA with out work permit.i will call her and let u know about that.I think it\'s another idea to go to SS office and ask them about the need of having SSN .

Anyway when did she take FPGEE?

I \'m stll waiting for ATT .
bYE
jp

Abt SSN Number-

Hi Kpra,

I am on HI too, when my wife needed an SSN number for her Drivers License, we had to take a copy of the application for DL which said they needed SSN for issuing a Drivers License, based on this they issued a SSN Number. This was a couple of years ago. However I just check Social Security Administration\'s webpage and it says that if you show documentation on why you need SSN number in your case for your wife\'s intern permit application they will issue one.

Please refer to the link for details

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10002.html

Bye
Ramesh

SSN in CA

Hi

I have cleared FPGEE but I donot have SSN. Iam on H4. Did anyone in similar situation manage to obtain SSN in CA. If so how did you manage to?

Appreciate any replies

Thanks