• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

SSN for baby who born outside of the US

sujath2012

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,

Our child has born after the visa issuance of parents and we both me, my wife and my 3 month old baby have came to the US 2 weeks before with TRANSPORTATION LETTER of my baby. In port of entry the Homeland security officials stamp temporary i-551 on my baby's passport and they request a photographs of my baby and they attached the photograph on the specific form (I don't know the form name). last week i have gone to the social security office to apply our social security card and everything went smoothly but finally officer said both me and my wife's social security card process is ok but our baby's card can not process at the moment because of unavailability of "A number" which printed on the visa(My baby don't have a visa) so my question is.....will they send my baby's green card? and is the green card contain the A number???

thanks in advance for your replies

Dear friends,

Our child has born after the visa issuance of parents and we both me, my wife and my 3 month old baby have came to the US 2 weeks before with TRANSPORTATION LETTER of my baby. In port of entry the Homeland security officials stamp temporary i-551 on my baby's passport and they request a photographs of my baby and they attached the photograph on the specific form (I don't know the form name). last week i have gone to the social security office to apply our social security card and everything went smoothly but finally officer said both me and my wife's social security card process is ok but our baby's card can not process at the moment because of unavailability of "A number" which printed on the visa(My baby don't have a visa) so my question is.....will they send my baby's green card? and is the green card contain the A number???

I'm not sure, if I were in your situation I would make an infopass appointment at your nearest USCIS office to ask them both about the green card and to get an A-number for the baby, unless someone here has a better suggestion?

It will probably take about 2 months before your green cards arrive and I'm not sure you want to be spending that amount of time wondering about if one will arrive for the baby.

I'm not sure, if I were in your situation I would make an infopass appointment at your nearest USCIS office to ask them both about the green card and to get an A-number for the baby, unless someone here has a better suggestion?

It will probably take about 2 months before your green cards arrive and I'm not sure you want to be spending that amount of time wondering about if one will arrive for the baby.

Take the advice above seriously and do an infopass for your baby's visa. USCIS will be the first office to deny your baby if you leave without the greencard and assuming it will arrive later. You dont want to go down that route.

Take the advice above seriously and do an infopass for your baby's visa. USCIS will be the first office to deny your baby if you leave without the greencard and assuming it will arrive later. You dont want to go down that route.

The baby is already a permanent resident, and has proof of permanent residency. They just don't have an A-number. I don't see what there is to "deny".

The baby is already a permanent resident, and has proof of permanent residency. They just don't have an A-number. I don't see what there is to "deny".

Hi,
the embassy in my country is inactive pertaining to answering the applicants' inquiries. thet are three ways of communinication that are likely between the embassy and the applicat. the first one is thu visiting the embassy in person, and I did that but they didn't let me in saying email the embassy. the second is thru caaling them, however, I did that and they said we can't give you any information you can only email the embassy. the third one is thru email which I sent them and they sent back an electronic reply to open an account on the embassies website and they included my email and a password. I opened an account and turned to be for applying for a new visa. although my inquiry was that i need them to confirm the interview date and time for my dv lottery visa in order to proceed with preparing my civil documents.
I wanted also to know exactly what certifications I need for all my civil documents. for example their instructions do not say that we need to certify the high school diploma from the ministry of foreign affairs although it is a must to have it. I do not know if the same action applies on the other documents.
thanks for your help

Dear friends,

I've already responded to your question via the PM you sent, but for the purpose of anyone else who may be in this situation, I'm posting my respone here:

Since your baby's passport was stamped with I-551 at the POE, that means your baby is recognized as a LPR. The stamp on the passport is valid for one year and can be used in place of the plastic GC should you need to travel out of the country. Yes the A# (Alien Number) is written on the plastic GC. However, your baby's plastic GC will not be sent if you don't make the USCIS immigrant fee of $165on ELIS. In order to make this payment, you need the baby's A#, so you need to make an infopass and visit the nearest USCIS to get your baby's A#.

Hi,
the embassy in my country is inactive pertaining to answering the applicants' inquiries. thet are three ways of communinication that are likely between the embassy and the applicat. the first one is thu visiting the embassy in person, and I did that but they didn't let me in saying email the embassy. the second is thru caaling them, however, I did that and they said we can't give you any information you can only email the embassy. the third one is thru email which I sent them and they sent back an electronic reply to open an account on the embassies website and they included my email and a password. I opened an account and turned to be for applying for a new visa. although my inquiry was that i need them to confirm the interview date and time for my dv lottery visa in order to proceed with preparing my civil documents.
I wanted also to know exactly what certifications I need for all my civil documents. for example their instructions do not say that we need to certify the high school diploma from the ministry of foreign affairs although it is a must to have it. I do not know if the same action applies on the other documents.
thanks for your help

Do you have your interview notification letter from KCC (via the same website you got the selection notification on)? If so you don't need to confirm anything, just appear at the embassy at the date and time on the letter.

You usually don't need anything certified, but you need to show them the originals (take copies for them to keep so you get the original ones back).

Hi,
thanks for your help

You should have opened a different thread for your case since it's not related to what this case is about.

Anyway, regarding the issues you've raised, if I understood you correctly, I don't think there's anything for the embassy to confirm if your CN is current and you already have your interview letter. Which country are you from/which country is handling your interview? Check the forum to find out if there's already a thread for people from your country and those on that thread will be able to better guide you or provide you with your country specific requirements.

Do you have your interview notification letter from KCC (via the same website you got the selection notification on)? If so you don't need to confirm anything, just appear at the embassy at the date and time on the letter.

You usually don't need anything certified, but you need to show them the originals (take copies for them to keep so you get the original ones back).
yes i received the notification letter from kcc on the chech status website where i received the first selection letter. but the problem is that kcc put a wrong address for their embassy (the location and telephone no). that's why i want to make sure it's ok.
thanks alot susieqqq

You should have opened a different thread for your case since it's not related to what this case is about.

Anyway, regarding the issues you've raised, if I understood you correctly, I don't think there's anything for the embassy to confirm if your CN is current and you already have your interview letter. Which country are you from/which country is handling your interview? Check the forum to find out if there's already a thread for people from your country and those on that thread will be able to better guide you or provide you with your country specific requirements.
you're right but frankly i don't know how to open a new thread.
there are wrong information in the address of embassy where my interview will be held that's why i want to confirm the interview date
thanks alot sm1smom

yes i received the notification letter from kcc on the chech status website where i received the first selection letter. but the problem is that kcc put a wrong address for their embassy (the location and telephone no). that's why i want to make sure it's ok.
thanks alot susieqqq

Oh lol that happened with us as well, the consulate had moved a couple of years previously but they still had the old phone number and address on the letter! There won't be more than one in a city so just go to the current address :)

thanks sm1smom, i also thought your answer earlier with doubt but now i am confident.
I've already responded to your question via the PM you sent, but for the purpose of anyone else who may be in this situation, I'm posting my respone here:

Since your baby's passport was stamped with I-551 at the POE, that means your baby is recognized as a LPR. The stamp on the passport is valid for one year and can be used in place of the plastic GC should you need to travel out of the country. Yes the A# (Alien Number) is written on the plastic GC. However, your baby's plastic GC will not be sent if you don't make the USCIS immigrant fee of $165on ELIS. In order to make this payment, you need the baby's A#, so you need to make an infopass and visit the nearest USCIS to get your baby's A#.

you're right but frankly i don't know how to open a new thread.
there are wrong information in the address of embassy where my interview will be held that's why i want to confirm the interview date
thanks alot sm1smom

You must certify your diplomas at the ministry of education...and all your translations at the foreing affairs ministry!

Oh lol that happened with us as well, the consulate had moved a couple of years previously but they still had the old phone number and address on the letter! There won't be more than one in a city so just go to the current address :)
eexactly susie this is what happened so what do you think i shouldn't worry about it and just forget it and go to the interview because there is only one embassy in my country
regards

I am also going thru same situation.My baby was issued XN3 at POE.From the thread i came to know that i have to make info pass,go to uscis office,create A-number for baby,pay fee online through USCIS office and wait for green card & apply for SSN.Is that correct?

I also talked to USCIS in the same situation but every time I talk I give different variants and no one is the one who asks I do not know how to do it :( my son has two stmpa 1) I-551 2) Class: XN3