SSN EAD Help

snake

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My wife went today for getting SSN and has been told that EAD number is not exist in the INS database and has to verify with INS. Had anyone in the same situation? I checked with AVM message with my 485 recipet. Its says AOS is in pending status..
RD 7/24
ND 9/6
FP 11/23

same thing with my wife too

when they typed her A# they could not see that she was employment authorized. They told us that they have to verify with INS. ( which she said would take 8 weeks )

In our case, The porcess took five minutes

In our case, My wife went 10 days back for getting her SSN and she showed her EAD and other documents. She has been told that she would get her SSN in 7-10 working days. My wife got it last friday.

Did your wife EAD Number verify immediately? or Did they took photocpoy of EAD card?

This happens if..

u go immidiately after getting ur EAD. INS will take some time to send A number information to SSA system.

But even if they say it takes 1-2 months, u will get SSN card in 2-3 weeks. So don\'t worry.

They will take ur EAD\'s photocopy.

Wife Social Security Card lost in the mail.

My wife went to apply SSN right after she received her EAD. We are staying in Boston. No problem at all when she shwed her EAD card and they didn\'t take a photocopy of her EAD. SS card was sent out the next day to our mailing address but never received it (it has been 3 weeks.) Today, she went to re-order the card and after 45 minutes wait and have to fill out another application form, she was told that it was going to take another 5 to 10 days for her to get the card.

Hopefully, she can receive her card this time. Anyone has the same problem? What if she doesn\'t receive it this time?

They didn\'t take any photocopy!

Snake,
They didn\'t take any photocopy. Just she showed her EAD and they said we would get it at our mailing address and we already got it.
Good luck to all and hope you all would get it soon.

Thanks

may be its a general thing,for my wife too they said it will take 8 weeks

We went to hackensack ssn office.They took the copies of the EAD and passport and said they would have to verify with INS?

What would they verify?

when the INS gave the card why would they verify again?

thank GOD,they did not say,we would have to verify your passport by sending it to India!!!!

I really don\'t know how this all works?atleast all the SSA centres should have the same rules,right!

Oh GOD! Please help us.

8 weeks is a long period.We already waited so long to get the EAD

Ram

This is a common practise for all cases. Anyone applying for an SSN on an EAD has to wait for 8 weeks. They are verifying each card to make sure this is not bogus. Don\'t worry. This is normal procedure now.

Had the same thing happen to my wife when she went to get ssn. The clerk said it will take 1 month a

No Title

But one of my friend who tried to get SSN# on EAD got the process done within a couple of mins(i.e database checking etc) at the same office where i tried to get the number & they told her she would be getting in 10 days, howcome she could get & not me? I am scared if the process has stopped, clarify please

no ssn yet... office New Brunswick,NJ, Applied on Dec21, 2001

Yes that concerns me too.. ( the fact that some are getting SSN\'s with
EAD without any verification from INS ) Infact we got our EAD 2 months
before we went to SSA office.

Folks keep posting your progress

my friend recently got ssn

applied with only EAd. Got it in 10 days? Why is such a long wait for us I wonder?

Any updates? Anyone else got SSN using EAD?

SSN rcvd in 5 days

We applied for my wife\'s ssn with her EAD card. We went to SS office & the officer pulled her data from the system using the EAD number & printed the same & asked my wife to sign. We were not asked to fill up the SSN request form as the data they printed from their system was same as required on form. With in 5 working days we received the SSN card at our home address.

It took 5 days to get the SSN from New Brunswick NJ office

All they asked was my wife\'s EAD, that\'s all. Apparently, there is no common system as I see from the messages here... Hope for the best and good luck to you.