• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

SSN delayed, need of a job, how to get it!

ireb

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I am a new immigrant in the USA on a DV lottary visa. Arrived about two weeks back. my social security number has not yet arrived yet i need a job, Has anyone been through this? what should i do to get a job? i need to move to another state to study and i need some money on me.

how should i quicken the SSN no?

About the Green card, how long does it take to arrive after entering the USA? since am moving to another state and have only a month, i need advice, can i move without it?

How should i go about getting a job, online or newspapers? am willing to take any job to get some money. help me out anybody who has been through this.

Am in houston now.

Thanks

the state you're in has many open jobs as I heard. www.craigslist.org will be helpful to you. if your haven't received your ssn yet, just try to apply with your i-551 saying them that you're still waiting for your ss. about receiving gc, it takes up to 30days after receiving welcome notice. you can check your gc status from uscis.gov by entering your receipt number on welcome letter. ;)

hi, thanks for reply

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, its been i ve actually gotten some replies for jobs i applied for yesterday.

Thanks, any body with another website where i can get jobs, help out

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, its been i ve actually gotten some replies for jobs i applied for yesterday.

Thanks, any body with another website where i can get jobs, help out

Hi,

It's nice to hear you are getting replies so quickly. What kind of jobs are you looking for?

A nice site for job searching is www.indeed.com. It is a powerful search engine that looks at numerous sites, newspapers etc. when you enter a query.

Good luck, I am also moving to US this week :)

thanks

Hi,

It's nice to hear you are getting replies so quickly. What kind of jobs are you looking for?

A nice site for job searching is www.indeed.com. It is a powerful search engine that looks at numerous sites, newspapers etc. when you enter a query.

Good luck, I am also moving to US this week :)

Thanks for the reply, am actually getting a few resposes though the easier jobs, my SSN is needed yet ive not yet recieved it.

I am gonna keep searching, thanks alot for the advice and reply. i wish you a safe journey to this new land. ake care

need to do that, cant find SSN web for houston

Hi,

i need to call the SSN like you said. But ive been online for some time now trying to locate the Houston SSN website but ive failed. All am getting is the national ssn website.

I am in houston, does any body have an idear about the website for SSN in houston? should i call the national website for ssn?

I need help.

thanks guys for the job websites. am getting some replies.
take care

I was in Houston, this is the address and phone#
16200 DILLARD DR
HOUSTON, TX 77040

Toll-Free 1-800-772-1213
TTY 1-800-325-0778
MONDAY - FRIDAY:09:00 AM - 04:00 PM

thanks www

Man, thanks alot. i just called one of the numbers you gave me and i was told i don't have a social security number yet.

i guess i will have to appear at the social security office on Monday. Am so disappointed but at least i know where the problem is.

Thanks a lot.

by the way, how do you get the welcome letter, is it by normal mail or email? whats the time with in which i should expect to get the SSN no, (that's counting from Monday the 13th July)

God bless

Don mention it man.:)
Most goverment related message will be sent to you by postal mail.
Hence, if you get somthing from email, please take extra caution.

I got 2 welcome letters.
I already have my SSN b4 so they didnt send me a new one.
However, I got a letter form SSA about 2 weeks after my 1st POE.
for the other dates you can find in my signature. ;)

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the Info. Though ive not yet gotten a job, am happy that right now i have all my documents with me.

Am still job hunting. Finally the SSN arrived.